Chapter 35: Mental problems

---

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponent was dealt."

- Grimsley, (Pokémon)

---

<(Bruce Wayne pov)>

"So, are you going to save her or take her memories? Because judging by her breathing pattern and heart rate she doesn't seem to have much time left even though physically her injuries seem to be healing at a much faster rate than a normal human. That's not supposed to happen by the way, just saying." Deathstroke sat on the ground in a relaxed position and commented cheekily.

"I-I don't know. Should I save her or should I just let her die? I mean she did kill a lot of people, innocents who were just doing their jobs or minding their own business. She killed them in cold blood just because she could, just because she was stronger. But does that make her truly irredeemable because it is possible that she did all that thinking that it was the right thing to do due to her upbringing or maybe she was brainwashed from an early age into being an ice-cold killer?" I suddenly began hesitating even though I previously thought that I was ready for situations like these.

Why was I suddenly hesitating when it came to killing her? Was I that weak-minded? But hadn't I already killed those people back then at Helena's house? But again, I just ordered their deaths that day, the true murder was done by my drones and Cortana. To me, that was less like killing someone and more like just ordering a troop member in a game to do the deed instead. But this, this was me letting someone die knowing full well that she could be saved if I desired it.

As I pondered about my choices, Aethyr's wounds had already been cauterized but despite that, judging from her breathing it seemed that she wasn't recovering at all. Instead, her condition was gradually worsening. This was probably because of the effects that her Kryptonian knife had on her physique. However, it needed to be studied more to determine what exactly these effects were.

I don't know if she would die or not without any immediate medical help but her body would definitely be ruined and she would forever lose her motor cognition. Even in the best-case scenario, she would permanently become a quadriplegic.

"If you are truly worried if she is innocent or not, don't. She is an experienced soldier through and through. I saw her eyes. They were the eyes of a veteran killer, someone who enjoys what they do. There is no brainwashing for you to undo. If one goes by her eyes, one can almost say that the entire purpose of her life according to herself is fighting and killing. Krypton and this general of hers are just excuses she gives herself. So stop bullshitting and do what you really feel like. Nobody will judge you because nobody is here in your place right now." The masked bodyguard said as he played with Aethyr's blue-bladed Kryptonian knife.

"You know what. You are right. I know what I need to do now. I always did." I repeated. I had made up my mind even before I came here. I was only hesitating due to the remnants of the human morals left inside this body from the previous Bruce as well as my own morality from my past life. But not anymore. In this life, I would have to do what I must, otherwise one day these things will come back to bite me in my ass.

Opening the small bag concealed on my back, I took out a portable Amusphere (an advanced model of the basic Nerve Gear), a little different than the one I used to full-dive for training purposes. This was made specifically for one particular purpose in mind.

 This was made specifically for one particular purpose in mind