Chapter 145 (OVA)

hi.

i'll save it for the end. but this chapter chronology takes place obviously before everything dramatic that's happened. just to not have you confused.

---

you had never seen so many colors before.

the room was silent like no one was there, but in reality there were a multitude of heroes. every one of them were staring down at the coffee table, including you. on it, were many different pictures of what looked to be cases of vandalism on different surfaces out in the public. they ranged from cement sidewalks to brick walls, each of them having their own artwork of weird and slightly disturbing colorful drawings on them.

'this makes my skin crawl for some reason.' you thought the longer you stared at the pictures. but you could tell you weren't the only one, as you felt the same happening to izuku, katsuki, and shoto who were all next to you. all of you in your hero costumes, and all of you in the room full of heroes at endeavors agency building.

"there's already been over 50 incidents." a police officer reported. "please, will you help us arrest the culprit?"

with his arms crossed and a mean demeanor, endeavor stared at the officer with a displeased look. "you want us to catch a mere vandal?"

"please!" the officer pleaded, but endeavor just stood up in protest.

"i refuse! the police should be able to take care of such a minor offense!"

you stared at the interaction between the two men, trying to figure out who's side you were taking. on one hand, endeavor was the number one hero, and should always be looking for a way to make the city a safer place, no matter how dumb the situation may look. but on the other, you understood where he was coming from. a measly crime like this could be handled by an insubordinate power. maybe endeavor had too much time on his hands right now.

"but the quirk of the man who calls himself mr. smiley is so strong..." the officer wouldn't let up even after seeing how upset endeavor was.

"a strong quirk?" burnin' pitched in.

"what kind of quirk is it?" another sidekick asked.

with slight terror in his tone, the officer answered. "anyone who looks at mr. smiley's face convulses in laughter for some reason."

his answer had everyone in the room slightly shocked as endeavor pushed for more information. "what do you mean?"

"they fall over in agony and laugh so hard that they can't stand up. on top of that, it lasts for two hours. whenever we try to arrest smiley, he makes us laugh and then escapes!"

endeavor sighed deeply and sat down. "very well." he answered. "we'll keep an eye out for the vandal on our patrols."

the officer's eyes shined with hope, his tone now changing from fear to joy. "please do!"

with him now gone left just you and the heroes. the pictures of the crime were still scattered about the table, and you studied each and every one of them closely, making sure to have a good mental image of their design and art style just in case you were to ever come across them.

"jeez, they're foisting such a trivial case on us.." burnin' said.

"the grafiti's pretty bad, though." another said. "does his guy think he's bansky or something?"

"he can force his opponent to laugh.." izuku said next to you, making you look at him. "his quirk is like ms. joke's."

before you could get a word out, shoto stepped in. "cant we just arrest him without looking at his face?" he asked quite obviously.