Chapter 16: Olivia

Friday after school Gabby, Tanisha and I make our way onto the school bus. I take a seat beside Gabby and Tanisha takes the aisle seat across from us. Gabby has one headphone over her ear.

"Whatcha listening to?" I inquire.

"Selena, duh. When are you going to come over and watch the movie with me?"

"How about Sunday? I get off at 5."

"Yes! That's perfect. Tee Tee are you coming over too?"

"Yeah, me and Liv get off the same time."

"Great, I'll get my mom the make us dinner."

"I love her cooking. See if she'll make us enchiladas," I eagerly ask.

"Of course!"

"Are you coming bowling with us tomorrow?" Gabby asks me.

"I gotta work until 4 then I'll probably just chill at home. I don't really feel like doing anything."

"Why not?" she questions.

"Cuz she stressin' over Landon." Tanisha chimes in. "Girl, you have to cheer up. You can't just sit around moping about that mofo."

"I just don't understand why he would ask me to be his girl then ignore me. I thought we had something special. He said he was falling for me."

"Hate to break it to you, he probably told you that so he could get in your pants." Gabby states.

"Yea, well I see that now."

"Listen, Liv, I feel for you, I do but you have got to get over him. Come out with us tomorrow. There's always lots of cuties at the bowling alley. Q is coming and he's bringing some of his friends, it will be fun," Tanisha said.

"Which friends is he bringing?" Gabby eagerly inquires.

"Calvin and Devon," Tanisha answers.

I watch Gabby's eye light up, "Devon is single right?"

"For now, until I hook you two up," Tanisha giggles.

Leave it to Tanisha to always play matchmaker. "Maybe I'll tell Terrance to come to, maybe he and Olivia will ignite their love." Tanisha wiggles her brows at me.

"Nope, not gonna happen. We're just FRIENDS. And he only sees me as a friend."

"Girl please, don't tell me you've fooled yourself into believing that lie." Gabby replied. "Anyone who looks at you two can tell he likes you."

"What! Terrance? No way," I wave a dismissive hand.

"Yes, way!" Gabby replies. "Wow, you really are oblivious."

"He has been trying to move out the friendzone for the last two years. He looked crushed that night Landon showed up at the skating rink," Tanisha states.

"I had no idea."

"You should let Tee Tee hook y'all up. Y'all would be cute together like Will and Jada."

"Absolutely not I don't want to mess up a four-year friendship. Besides I think things would be weird if we dated."

"Girl, have you seen the way homeboy looks at you." Tanisha chimes.

Gabby nods her head in agreement, "It's so cute, it's almost sickening," she laughs.

"I think you should give him a chance," Tanisha replies. "Especially if nothing is poppin' with Landon."