Olivia's Interview

I decided to sit down with my characters and see what they have been up to since Young Hearts ended.

Olivia takes a seat in front of me. She's dressed casually in baggy jeans and a Destiny's Child t-shirt. She, Landon and Connor have all agreed to allow me to interview them and ask all the burning questions that you wanted to know.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed. Could you please introduce yourself?"

She gets more comfortable in her seat, "My name is Olivia Sullivan," she flashes a simple gold wedding band to me. "and I'm 18 years old."

"Olivia, could you tell me how married life has been?"

"We're still working through a few things but overall, it's been great. Our six-month anniversary is coming up in a few days."

"What issues are you working through?"

Olivia scrunches her face, "Well.....Landon is kind of messy and usually expects me to pick up after him. He's used to having staff and he's not used to cooking and cleaning. So I have to teach him the basics and constantly remind him to help out."

"I suppose that would be an adjustment for him. So tell me, where are you two living?"

"We have an apartment in North Decatur close to Emory. It's quaint, much smaller than Landon is used to, but I love it. It's been fun to decorate the place like I want to. And we go around almost every weekend to different thrift stores trying to furnish it."

"What are you and Landon doing about work?"

"Both me and Landon work as student workers at our respective schools. I'm in the Registrar's Office at Spelman and he works in the Bursar's Office at Emory. It's nice for him because its finance related."

I look at my index cards for the next set of questions. "I have a few tough questions for you, do you think you're ready to answer?"

She pinches her lips tight and nods her head.

"Can you tell me about the day Connor rejected you?"

She shifts uneasily in her seat and frowns. "I was really hurt, and I felt stupid. I thought we had a connection."

"But do you understand his dilemma? You were his best friend's ex-girlfriend."

"I get it, he felt his loyalties were to his best friend of 12 years but that didn't make it hurt any less. I don't think people realize that even before Valentine's Day me and Connor were really close."

"Can you tell me more about that? What didn't the readers get to see behind the scenes?"

"He was just so easy to talk to and we got along really well. Even though I lived in Prestonwood, I still didn't see Landon a whole lot because he was always busy with homework and extracurricular activities. I saw him maybe twice a week for an hour or so. Instead, I ended up spending a lot of time with Connor. We'd do our homework together every night. We did movie nights every Tuesday and he would take me to my choir rehearsals every Thursday. And I'm not talking about dropping me off, he would hang out in the church and watch, and he even got to know my church friends.Connor, Court and me would hang out in my room and listen to music and play games. There had been flirtatious tension between us for a while. Even his sister Jenny once said that me and Connor seemed more like a couple than me and Landon. So, I was confused as to why we could do all these couple-like things but not make it official. He took me on a sunset plane ride and dedicated a love song to me for goodness sake!"

She takes a beat to ponder her thoughts then gives me a genuine smile. "But it's fine, me and Landon finally made our way back to each other and I think things worked out like they were supposed to."

"And the final question, what does the future hold for you?"

"I'm excited to finish college and move to New York and start my career on Broadway. When we're in our late twenties I want to start our family."

"Well Olivia, thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me. I wish you and Landon the best."