Chapter 18: Olivia

The following weekend my friends and I get ready to head over to Landon's house to hang out. Things seem to be back on track again. He's called me every day since meeting up at the bowling alley and we talked until my mom made me get off the phone for the night.

"There he is," I beam as Landon's white BMW pulls into the parking lot. "Hey Baby!" I skip up to the driver's side, lay a kiss on his lips then walk around to the passenger door. I put the front seat up so my friends can get into the back. "You remember Tee Tee and Tameka."

"Hey guys," Landon greets.

"Wow, is this your dad's car?" Tameka asks.

"No, it's mine. I got it for my sixteenth birthday."

"Can you put the top down?" Tanisha excitedly asks.

"Sure."

"I've never been in a convertible before!" Tameka replies as she watches the roof fold back.

With all of us settled into the car, Landon pulls off.

"So who is coming?" Tanisha asks Landon.

"Connor and Spencer."

"So, has Connor said anything about Tee Tee since we went on that double date?" I pry, hoping something might spark up between the two.

"No, not much. But he said she was cute."

"So, is this Spencer guy cute or what?" Tameka asks.

"Not as cute as my man," I giggle and caress Landon's face.

Tameka taps my right shoulder and leans up to my right ear. "Girl, what the hell is this music?" Tameka frowns.

I laugh, "It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers." While I have a wide taste in music my friends mostly listened to Hip Hop and R&B. "Baby do you mind if we changed the station?" I flash Landon a smile.

"Oh, umm, sure go ahead. Just don't put on any of that Nsync shit."

I change the station to HOT 107.9

"That's more like it!" Tanisha exclaims.

Us girls all began to sing "You Make Me Wanna" as we make our way down the interstate.

***

Finally, we pull up to the gate outside of Landon's gated community. The gate attendant looks over at the car, "Good Afternoon Mr. Sullivan, enjoy the rest of your day." The attendant opens the gate to let us in. My friends are in awe as they look around. This is only my second time at his house, but I try and play it cool. They watch the people driving down the street on their golf carts, and look at the enormous mansions set far back from the street.

Landon pulls up to his house. It's an enormous Georgian style home. The black top driveway splits off into two. One driveway leading to the very front of the house, and rounded back down to the street. The other driveway leads to the side of the house. Landon takes the path leading down the side of the house and pulls in front of a detached garage with four doors.

We all step out of the car.

"Yoooo, this house is da bomb!" Tanisha says as she stands in amazement.

Tameka looks around, "DAMN!"

"Come on, follow me." He makes his way through a black wrought iron gate." We all follow him to the backyard. "You guys can change in the pool house."

"Pool house!" we say simultaneously.

Landon walks us down to the pool house. "Connor and Spencer will be here in a few minutes, but you can change in here." He takes my hand. "But you're coming with me." He gives a sly smile. "I need to change into my trunks, and you can change in my room."