Chapter 34: Landon

I'm laying on my bed reading a book on Saturday night when I hear an instant message notification on my computer. I pop up from my bed to see who it is.

MizzDramaQueen: Sup

LSullivan81: Hey, I wasn't expecting to hear from you tonight.

MizzDramaQueen: My manager let me go home early. So what did you want to talk about?

LSuillvan81: I miss you Ollie. I'm so much happier when I'm with you. Please just give me another chance.

MizzDramaQueen: I don't know Landon.

LSullivan81: Please Ollie, let me take you out. We're leaving for Christmas vacation on Tuesday. Could I see you Monday?

MizzDramaQueen: Ok, I have school Monday, but I can meet you at the mall around 3.

LSullivan81: GREAT! I'll meet you at our normal spot.

***

On Monday afternoon I head over to Davis Mall to meet Olivia.

I feel like total shit and should have stayed home to rest but this might be my only chance to fix things with her. I circle around the parking lot for about ten minutes before I'm finally able to find a spot. I make my way into the crowded building. There are throngs of shoppers with bags in hand. The mall is decked out for Christmas. The halls are decorated in garland with large silver ornaments and Christmas music plays from the loudspeakers. As I approach Santa Land, I see a huge Christmas tree and a large sleigh filled with wrapped gifts. I make my way past the line of children waiting for their chance to sit on the black Santa's lap. Santa sits on a velvet green sofa. There are two women dressed as elves, one is helping the small children onto Santa's lap and the other is the photographer. I briefly think of the time I was six and went with Connor's family to visit Santa. It was one of the few magical moments in my childhood.

I spot Olivia standing in line at Nathan's with various shopping bags in hand. She's wearing a red holiday sweater with a Christmas tree. She has tiny silver bells that dangle from her ears. I sneak behind her.

She lets out a gasp as I wrap my arms around her waist. She smiles as she catches my gaze.

"Landon, you scared me."

I kiss her forehead, "Sorry, Sweetie. I didn't mean to scare you." I nuzzle my mouth to her neck, "Don't you look festive."

To my delight she sits down her bags, turns around and wraps her arms around me. Her embrace is warm and wraps me up like a cozy blanket. I've missed her touch over the last few weeks. She rests her head on me.

"I missed you," she says sweetly.

"I missed you too Ollie. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I promise not to let that happen again."

After ordering, we make our way to a table.

"I'm glad we're back together," I declare.

"Before we make things official again, we need to talk," she says in a serious tone. "There has to be some changes, or this isn't going to work."

"I told you I will make an effort to be there for your performances."

"Yes, and I appreciate that but that's just one of the things I'm talking about. If we are going to get back together, you have to stop pushing me away and communicate with me."

"Ok, I can do that."

"AND I need you to understand that my friendship with Quan isn't going to change."