Chapter 36: Landon

"Landon, wake up," the sweetest voice calls.

I open my eyes to find Olivia with a tray of food. "Hey," she greets with a warm smile.

I eased up resting my back against my headboard.

"Here you go baby," she sits the tray down on my lap. "Chicken soup and saltines. Do you need anything else?"

"Just you," I proclaimed.

Connor appears in the doorway holding a purple overnight bag, "You left this in my car."

"Thanks Connor. I honestly can't thank you enough for helping me out tonight."

"Ahh, don't mention it."

I take a few bites of the soup. "This is really good baby, thank you."

"Glad you like it," she sits down next to me, there is worry in her voice. "Landon are you sure it's ok for me to be here?"

"Yes, it's fine. I promise Ollie."

"OK, I guess we're all good then," she says to Connor.

"I'll be back on the morning then Feel better Bro. Good night."

"Good night," Olivia replies.

"Thanks, see ya man," I nod.

"Can we lock your door just to be safe though?"

I nod and take another bite of soup. She gets up and locks my bedroom door.

"I'm going to shower, it's been such a long day." She gathers a few things from her backpack and heads into my bathroom.

It feels do damn good having her here. I've never had anyone take care of me like this. I finish up my food and placed the tray on my desk just as she exits the bathroom.

"Don't you look cute." She's wearing a white and pink stripped pajama shorts and a white tank top with 'Angel' writing in pink.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Yes, the medicine is helping." I climb in bed leaving space for her, "But honestly just having you here is the best medicine."

She gets into the bed next to me, "Speaking of being here, are you excited about me moving in with the Harrington's?"

"Of course, I am. I'll make time to see you at least a few times a week."

"I'm so glad we'll be able to see each other more often now. This whole thing is so exciting. I can't believe I'll be attending Turner. "

"That's great," I cough.

"Oh Landon, you sound awful."

"I feel much better now that you're here," I reach for my remote and turn on tv. "What would you like to watch?" I ask.

"Anything Christmas is fine. I just love the holidays."

I flip to the TV Guide channel to see what's on. The guide scrolls across the screen, I see Home Alone: Lost in New York is about to come on.

"Oh, great! I love this movie. I would love to go to New York around Christmas. A carriage ride through Central Park, oh and I'd love to see the Rockettes Christmas Specular live."

"You have to go ice skating at Rockefeller Center."

"How many time have to been?"

"I've been to New York a handful of time. It's been a few years since we went and usually our trip consist of, Irene shopping and drinking. My father is usually locked away in his hotel room doing work. And of course me and James always wander around the city. There's just so much to see, you'll never get bored there that's for sure."

***

Olivia rubs Vick Vapor Rub gently on my chest to relieve my congestion.

"Try and get some more sleep," she kisses my forehead and turns of the TV.

As I drift to sleep, "Wonderwall" pops into my mind. I've always like the song but having Olivia here gives the lyrics a new meaning. All the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. He's right, relationships are difficult to navigate through. There are so many things I want to tell her, I desperately want to express my feeling for her but I don't how to. Or maybe I can't bring myself to do it because I'm afraid of rejection. Maybe she's going to be the one that saves me. Maybe she's the one who will alleviate my heart of this pain, this solitude and sorrow. Maybe Ollie is my wonderwall.