Chapter 24: Olivia

I'm in the middle of ringing up a customer when I see Landon walking in. I give him a grin and a wave to acknowledge him.

"Thank you, come again," I hand the man his bag.

Landon walks up to the counter, "Hey baby."

"Hey honey, I'm done. I just need to clock out. Give me a couple minutes."

"Ok." Landon browses around the store.

I make my way to the back, I grab my bag and head to the bathroom to freshen up. I change out of my work shirt into a yellow long-sleeved shirt. I take my hair out of the bun then reach in my bag and spritzed on some cucumber melon body spray. I stroll to the front of the store to find Landon.

"Ok I'm ready."

"Do we need to go get Tanisha?"

"No, she isn't coming."

"Ok."

We make our way out of the mall and to his car.

"I'm still a little nervous. Are you sure it's ok?"

"Yes, Sweetie I promise it's fine. Connor's mom and dad are very accepting people."

I'm hesitant to go back to Prestonwood with Landon but he has made a few comments about needing to put some trust in him. He said if I truly felt safe with him like I said the day we first had sex, then I should prove it.

I feel a sense of nervousness when we pull up to Connor's neighborhood. While he doesn't live in the gated community like Landon, there is no doubt this is an upper-middle class neighborhood. When we pull into the driveway, I notice a large blue and white campaign sign 'Harrington for State Senate' on the front lawn. Unlike Landon's lavish mansion, Connor's house is more quaint. It's a large red brick colonial, with black shutters that is reminiscent of the Home Alone house. Landon parks behind Connor's teal Ford Mustang and turns off the car. I reach for the door handle,

"Don't you dare, I've got it," Landon says and quickly exits the car.

He's so sweet. I stop and wait for him. That's when I noticed a neatly dressed middle aged white man coming out of the front door with a little boy of about five years old. My heart races and I decide to stay in the car in case we need to make a quick exit.

Landon walks around the car. "Hey Mr. Harrington," he greets.

"Landon how are you?"

Landon opens the door for me to get out but I'm frozen like a deer in headlights.

"I'm doing well." Landon looks over at me waiting for me to get out.

"And who do we have here?" Mr. Harrington asks as he peeks into the car.

"This is my girlfriend, Olivia."

I'm paralyzed with fear and only managed to put on a frighten smile.

Mr. Harrington extends his hand to me, "It's nice to meet you, Olivia."

With that, I relax just a bit. "You as well, Sir." I finally gain the courage to step out the car.

"Well look at you," he smiles at me. "Landon how did you manage to snag this beauty?"

"Just lucky I guess," Landon beams.

Mr. Harrington turns his attention back to me, "So Olivia, how old are you? Are you eighteen yet?"

"No Sir, I'm seventeen," I reply.