Chapter 52: Olivia

Connor holds his jacket over my head as we run to his car. He opens the door and I slide in. I get buckled up as he starts the car.

"You can just drop me at the mall, I have work soon," I say to Connor, and he nods.

I feel a pang of jealousy as I look through the window and view Landon sitting across from Fiona in the booth. The rain is pouring down, but I can tell he is looking in this direction. I tried hard not to let it bother me while we were inside but there's an irrefutable pain in my heart.

"Thanks for taking me to that comic bookstore," I tell Connor.

"No thank you for wanting to go. My other friends think comics are lame, so it was cool to be able to share it with someone. So what are you going to do this weekend?"

"Not much, I have work tonight and tomorrow. I'll probably go to the skating rink with my friends tomorrow night. Then church Sunday morning. The usual. Nothing too exciting. What about you?"

"Nothing exciting. I need to do some studying. I have a major history test next week. Hey, I was thinking you and I could do movie night this week. We can make it a big thing. Go to Blockbuster, pick a movie and get an ungodly amount of candy and soda? You can pick the movie," he practically sings.

"Any movie I want?" I raise a brow waiting for his response.

"Yup, any movie you want."

"Ok, great! I know the perfect one," I say.

"Sweet, it's a date. I mean, like, you know," he turns a bright shade of pink. "Not like a date, date but I mean like, you know a—"

I cut him off to save him from himself, "I get it. I know what you mean."

***

I slip into my skates as La Bouche, Be My Lover blasts from the skating rink speakers. Terrence puts his arm around me.

"Hey Liv! What's up?"

"Hey Terrence," I give him a hug.

He sits down and starts to put on his skates, "Man, I miss seeing you at school. We started rehearsals for Cinderella in drama."

"Yeah, Tee Tee told me Mr. Morris was putting his own spin on it but she won't tell me what it is."

"Oh yeah, you'll just have to come see it for yourself."

"THAT'S WHAT TEE TEE SAID! Oh God, I can't wait to see. I'm kinda bummed I don't get to be apart of it though but I'm so happy Gabby got the part of Cinderella."

"Speaking of—" Terrence nods his head toward Gabby who is walking over.

We greet her and have a little small talk before Tanisha makes an appearance with her little brother.

"Sorry I'm late!" Tanisha plops down next to me, "My mama said I had to bring Malcom with me or stay home," she rants. Malcom sits a few feet away from us and puts on his skates. "So what did I miss?"

"Nothing, we haven't been here that long, but I need some food first, let's head to the snack bar."

The four of us head to the snack bar, leaving Malcom to skate as the DJ calls everyone to the middle of the rink to do the Macarena. I order some Nachos and a soda and sit down.

"So Liv, what's good. I haven't talked to you in over a week," Gabby reprimands.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I've been so busy with schoolwork. But you'll never guess who I saw yesterday?"

"Who?" Tee Tee eats nachos from my plate.

"Me and Connor were out having pizza and Landon walked in with-- Fiona," I say mockingly.