Karma: Sixty Two

Izuku looked at Tomura with a sad look as he turned away "Tomura...I...It's too late" Shigaraki looked at the greennette with a shock look "too late?" "Yes..too late Tomura, I've already promised my hand in marriage to someone else.."

"O-Oh....I see...I'm sorry-" "no it's okay, you didn't know..." The two looked at each other with their eyes full of saddened hope, Izuku smiled softly "but, if you'd like we can still keep in touch, be friends again" "yeah, sounds good to me"

.

.

.

Shigaraki's Pov
I groaned slumping down in my seat as I drank the strong liquor from the glass Compress handed me. "Weren't you there when I told Dabi that he already got engaged?" He said. I shook my head making him sigh "what's so amazing about the runner that you two are so obsessed?"

"He's just perfect, I loved him but I don't know about Dabi...do you know who he's getting married to?" Compress stayed quiet looking away from me as he took a few steps away "what? Do you?" "Perhaps" "well come on, tell me"

"Fine...Dabi, he's the one he's marrying"

"Huh? What do you mean Dabi? They haven't seen each other in years!" I say getting up "I know, but it's an arranged marriage, their fathers are gangsters and Dabi's father won some type of fight, he demanded Izuku to marry one of his children which is Dabi"

"Ugh...of course Dabi was the lucky one, he gets to have everything especially with a dad like his" "don't be angry Tomura, you guys are best friends no? The least you can do is support him" I groaned bringing the cup up drinking the rest of the liquor before setting down the glass.

"No, I'm tired of sitting around and letting him have what I want, I didn't break up with Izuku because I felt like it" "you didn't?" "No, I did it because I knew how bad Dabi wanted him for himself, and I let him have him, but you know what he did?"

"He cheated, multiple times! It won't be a surprise if he does it against this time" "come on, don't get so heated up over a boy, it'll ruin your friendship"

"No, it already is. I don't care about Dabi's feeling's anymore, it's time I put myself first instead of him"  I walked out of the building throwing my jacket over myself as I stormed out. Arranged marriage, With Dabi? No wonder he was full of smiles.

I'll wipe that smile off his face, just like he did to me. I stopped looking down at my pocket feeling the vibrate from my cellphone. I looked at the screen seeing Dabi's contact....am I...overreacting..?

Dammit, I hate this. Why did I have to have such a soft heart, all I want is to have MY own happy life, but I keep giving it away to others. I was about to answer his call but the notification above the screen caught my attention.

Izuku: I have a race tomorrow, will I see you there?