The Beginning

Aphmau's POV;

     I was sitting in my hospital bed, silently crying to myself, thinking about Aaron. He really doesn't remember me...This was all my fault. I never should've let him help me. I should've just done it on my own. I hurt everyone that day. I thought, maybe this was all a dream, and all I had to do was sleep. I would sleep and this nightmare of a reality would be over. I layed back down, spread my blanket, and closed my eyes drifting off to dreamland.

     I woke up in a new place. I was on a beach, watching the sunset. It was so beautiful. Then I heard a voice, a very familiar voice, calling my name.

     "Aph! Over here!" I turned my head and saw someone I've been longing for. It was Aaron. I shot up and ran to him. I hugged him and he twirled me around. When he finally stopped, I looked into his coal eyes filled with nothing but love, and we started slow dancing in the sand. I put my hands over his shoulders, and he put his hands on my hips. I closed my eyes and relaxed. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while.

     "I missed you." Aaron said.

     "I missed you more." We stopped swaying and I opened my eyes. I looked up at him, and we kissed. I closed my eyes again, and I heard a very faint voice.

     "Psst. Psssssst. Aphmau? Are you awake?" The more it spoke, the more clear it sounded, and the more my dreams faded away. I held on tight to Aaron, but even he was fading away. I didn't want to let go. I couldn't let go. He had finally disappeared, and everything was a black void. In defeat, I squinted my eyes open, and saw emerald green eyes staring at me. I almost jumped out of my bed. I fully opened my eyes and saw Travis staring at me.

     "Oh, Travis. It's just you." I sat back and sighed in relief.

     "Who'd you think I was, Ein?" I looked down with guilt. Why did I think it could be Ein? He's dead! Nothings gonna happen anymore. Were safe again. Travis luckily didn't understand my expression, so I spared him a depressing thought and just brushed off my feelings.

     "No, no. You just startled me, is all." I insisted.

     "Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean to. Anyways, you excited?"

     "For what? Doing absolutely nothing and sitting in a bed for a whole day?"

     "What? No! Didn't you hear? We're leaving the hospital in 3 days!"

     "Oh right, I forgot about that. I'm mostly excited to see the outside. Sure, I got windows, but I can't move out of the bed. I at least want to walk, or even sit down outside."

     "I wonder why they never decided to let you walk around like me. I'm excited to finally be back home with Katelyn." Travis dozed off, probably thinking about Katelyn. I got up and let my legs dangle from the bed. My legs have gotten just a little bit skinnier because I haven't even used my legs in a whole year. I hope it's not too hard to re-learn to walk. I'm excited to see my mom. She's probably worried sick about me. Sure, she knows I'm hospitalized, but she's not allowed to come here. You see, I'm still on the Island where everything happened, and ever since then, no one has been allowed on the Island. None of my friends, or family can come. The only ones that are allowed to come to the Island is Aaron and Melissa. They come here every month for Aaron's monthly checkup. Even if this makes me sad, as long as he's happy, I'm happy.

     "Hey Aph? How's Aaron been doing? They haven't told me."

     "They said his eyes were getting better, and he can see when his eyes are red. They said he might be able to see again soon enough."

     "Oh, that's great! Hopefully after he can see without being mad he can remember something too."

     "Yeah. I hope." There was a small awkward silence, but then the doctor walked in to check up on me. Travis had to leave while the doctor checked on my wounds. The doctors worrying about my heart. She says it's stable, but not stable enough for me to even be hit in the chest at least three times. She's been trying to find ways to fix it that aren't too risky, and since Lucinda lost her magic, the little puncture at my heart is slowly forming into a hole again, and my heart is getting weaker, or so the doctor says. To be completely honest, I don't think my heart is getting weaker. If it were, I either wouldn't even be able to move, or be dead.

     "Have you been feeling weaker recently?" The doctor asks.

     "No, I feel fine today." I respond. I know Travis is excited to leave, but I feel like I would be better off here. Don't get me wrong, I miss my friends of course, but I feel empty, if you understand what I mean. I feel like there's nothing left there for me. Besides, who would want to travel for a ten hour boat trip here every month? Not me, that's for sure. Maybe I should ask the Doctor if I can stay. Before I can get the chance, Travis bursts through the room all excited.

     "APHMAU! THE BOAT IS HERE EARLY!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! WE'RE GONNA GO HOME WOOOOO!!!!! WE CAN SURPRISE THE OTHERS!!!" Travis went on rambling about how the boat got here early.

     "I'll be right back." The doctor leaves the room. Darn it, I was gonna ask if I could stay. I guess I'm leaving then. The doctor soon comes back with a wheelchair for me to use. I'm really not looking forward to physical therapy.

     Just look on the bright side, Aph. You can finally see all you friends again! You can visit mom, and Celeste, and maybe I could go back to my old house to collect some things. I told myself. I should really stop being so pessimistic.

     The doctor comes back with a wheelchair, and I hop in. She rolls me out and after longing the sun to touch my face in a whole year, it finally has. It feels so peaceful, even more than I imagined. I saw Travis, rolling in the sand. Classic Travis. Once he gets up, the doctor finally reached me to the docks and was loading me on the boat. Travis ran up to me.

     "OMGIMSOEXCITEDICAN'TBELIEVEWE'REFINALLYGOINGHOME *inhales* THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!" Travis screamed at the top of his lungs. I covered my ears and slightly winced.

     "Travis, calm down! It's not that exciting." I laughed.

     "WHAT?? HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED?? THIS IS GREAT!!" Travis assured.

     "If you say so. Just keep it down, you know my werewolf ears are still developing." I looked out to the sea longingly, thinking of someone I wish would make me happy to go back, instead of guilty.

     "You sound really mopey today..." Travis said upset. "You're thinking about Aaron again?" I sighed.

     "Yes..."

     "Aph, don't worry so much. There has to be something that he remembers, even if it's not you. If he remembers anything, we'll know there's a chance he can get his memories back." Travis encouraged.

     "Thanks, Travis." We were both on the boat now and we were coming back home. I hope this is a good idea.

                            <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

     "Look Aph! I can see the Island!" Travis exclaimed.

     "Finally..." I groaned. I didn't realize how seasick I got from the journey, but I threw up twice already. I think that's an impressive amount for a ten hour ride. I'm just glad I didn't have to walk, maybe I would've thrown up more. I had to take some ibuprofen to get rid of the pain in my stomach. Just another pill to take. I have to take three pills in total. Beta Blockers (Heart medicine), acetaminophen (leg medication), and recently alprazolam for my mini panic attacks. I take one of my Heart pills before we leave for home.

     We finally reach the docks and are escorted off the boat. I decide to hide my werewolf ears and tail. Not everyone knows, and I'd rather them not. It also reminds me of...him, so I won't let anyone see them. Travis starts rolling me down the beach and then onto the sidewalk.

     "You excited to surprise them?" He asked.

     "Not really. I just want to see them again. See how they've been doing."

     "Oh. Well, I sure am! I'm gonna knock on the door and hide, and when they open it, I pop out and say 'BOO!'." I giggled in my chair. Travis always knew ways to make me chuckle. After walking for a bit, we finally reached a familiar street.

     This is it. We're finally back home.

E