Pain From the Past

Aphmau's POV

     I slowly woke up, having pain on my sides, and my head. The last thing I remember was Aaron falling down the steps. I noticed I wasn't in my wheelchair. I was laying down on the couch, and my head was on Aaron's lap. When did I get here? I felt my head, and felt some bandage wrapped around it. Must've cut my head somehow. I looked up at Aaron and saw a distressed look plastered all over his face. He was crying as well. What happened while I was out?

     "Aaron? What's wrong?!" I immediately shot up and stared at him. He didn't look towards me. He didn't say anything. I decided to get up and walk, or at least try. I planted my feet on the ground and stood up from the couch. I was loosing balance fast, but I made sure I didn't fall. The pain was intense, not including the pain in my sides and head. I slowly but surely made it over so I was right across from Aaron. I held his hands and asked him again.

     "Aaron, what's wrong? What happened?" This time, he looked in the direction of my voice.

     "Aphmau? Are you standing?"

     "Yes, and I refuse to sit down until you tell me why you're upset. Please tell me, what's wrong? I only want to help."

     "I...I'm not upset." He obviously lied.

     "Then why are you crying?"

     "Because I got to see you for the first time...And now I can't see you anymore." He saw me? When?

     "You...Saw what I look like?"

     "Yes. After you and I fell down the stairs, I could see you."

     "Then what do I look like?" I quizzed.

     "You have raven black hair, and you have tan skin. You were also wearing a red hoodie with a small logo on the right shoulder." He really did see me. Did he get mad? Wait a minute...

     "You forgot something. What about my eyes?"

     "I...Don't know. You passed out, so I couldn't see your eye color."

     "Oh...Well, I-I'm glad you got to see me. Did it, y'know, help in any way?"

     "No.." There's gotta be a way I can get his memories back.

     "You're...really pretty." Aaron blushed and looked down. I looked back to him with a beat red face. He seemed really shy. Almost exactly how he was when we were at starlight. I gave him a smile and hugged him while he was sitting on the couch.

     "I'll find a way to get your memories back. I promise." I let go of the hug and forgot I was standing, so I was loosing balance.

     "Woah." I wobbled. Aaron got up and grabbed my hands.

     "I'll bring you to your chair. I remember where it is. Do you think you could walk over to the stairs? If you can't, you can sit back down."

     "I..Can try." I said nervously. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather be taking my first steps with my therapist who knows what he's doing. But I trust Aaron. If he feels I can't do it, He'll get the wheelchair for me. I took my first big step. I felt like my leg was being set on fire as I planted my foot on the carpet. It hurt so much, my Werewolf features popped out on accident. I quickly noticed and tried to put them back in, but they refused. It was like they had a mind of their own. I took my second step and it hurt just as badly, or worse. I couldn't tell anymore. I just knew it was painful. Eventually with no accidents, we both made it to the wheelchair. It only took around fifteen minutes. Honestly not that bad for the first time. Next time I'm definitely going slower, though.