...D-Dad?

Aphmau's POV:

     It's only been a few hours since Aaron and Melissa left, and I'm already feeling mopey. Then something quickly flashed in my head.

Flashback~

     "I made some breakfast for you two. I already ate. Also, don't forget you have another Physical therapy session today!" Melissa said, running up the stairs.

End Of Flashback~

     "OH MY GOSH I FORGOT!!" I yelled. Mom ran into the living room.

     "What happened?!"

     "I HAVE MY THERAPY SESSION TODAY!!" I yelled. We were gonna be late!

     "Therapy session?" Oh right, I forgot Melissa was the one that scheduled them.

     "Melissa scheduled me for a therapy session every week. We're gonna be late!"

     "Ok, don't panic! I'll go get you some new cloths and then I'll get changed and well get going!" Mom said, starting to run everywhere in the house. Now that I was finally "Alone", I thought I should try to call him. I grabbed my phone and dialed the number on the paper into my phone. I was hesitant to press the call button, but I did anyways. Why should I be scared to call someone I've always wanted to meet? The phone started to ring, and I got a little nervous. The phone picks up.

     "Hello? Who is this?" The man said. Was this really him?

     "Uhm, Hi. I-I think I might be your daughter." I said.

     "Daughter? I'm sorry, what did you say your name was? He asked.

     "My name is Aphmau, Aphmau Shalashaka?" I said, hoping he'd say I called the right person. If I did, I'd be really embarrassed.

     "I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number. My last name is Everton, and I don't have any children." He said.

     "Oh, I'm sorry. H-Have a good day!" I quickly hung up the phone and my face turned beat red. I can't believe I called the wrong person! I checked the number one last time to make sure I didn't mess it up. I put every number in the right place. I guess I really won't know who my father is.

     "Aphmau, I'm so sorry. I thought that would still be his number from when I last called him." Mom said, approaching me.

     "It's okay. It's not the most important thing in the world right now." I said.

     "Here's your cloths. I'll just grab my bag and I'll help you get changed." Mom said. Mom left to go get her bag. I was a little disappointed that I'll probably never be able to meet my father, but I just know that if fate gives me a happy ending, He'll turn up. Mom comes back and quickly helps me get changed before helping me in the car and leaving for the clinic.

     Once we arrived, mom quickly got my wheelchair out of the trunk the best she could, and then helped my inside. We met with the receptionist and she led us to the Doctors waiting room. I thought we were too late. We waited for w while, maybe almost half an hour, but then someone opened the door to the doctors office. It was the Doctor.

     "Oh, good afternoon Aphmau! You're a little late, but- wait, Sylvanna?!" Doctor Zack exclaimed.

     "Zack?! What are you doing here?!" Mom said strictly. Do they know each other?

     "Uh, what's going on?" I asked.

     "Mija, it's okay, I'm gonna get you a different Doctor. As for you, I want to know what you're doing to my daughter!"

     "Sylvanna, I've changed! I became a physical therapy doctor three years ago. This is my job!" Zack explained.

     "No no, I don't trust you one bit! Aphmau, we're leaving!" Mom started pushing me towards the elevator.

     "Wait mom, what are you doing?" She started spamming the call elevator button while the doctor still tried to talk to mom.

     "Sylvanna please! I've become a better person, and reflected on my mistakes! I've had...A lot of time to think about those. Please, just let me try to be a better person!"

     "Can someone explain what's going on!" I yelled. Doctor Zack and mom faced their attention to me.

     "Sweat heart, this is....your, father." Mom said, glaring at Doctor Zack. I looked at him shocked. He's my dad?

     "Dad?" I asked.

     "Uhm, Hi." Zack said nervously.

     "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING WHEN WE FIRST MET?!" I asked really confused.

     "I didn't know if you wanted me back in your life, or if Sylvanna would even let me, which she clearly isn't, but I just wanted to leave you alone. You just seemed...Happy, without me, so I thought whether or not I introduced myself, you wouldn't need me regardless." Zack explained. I looked back to mom, who refused to look Zack in the eyes.

     "So, you're really my dad?" I said, almost teary eyed.

     "Yes. I'm sorry for what I've done to both of you, and I expect no forgiveness. Just know that I really am sorry."

     "As if we'd believe the lies that come out of your mouth!" Mom yelled. Just as she said that, the elevator opened.

     "Now we're leaving. Good day." Mom said seriously. She rolled me into the elevator, pressed the lobby button, and the doors slowly closed on Zack. I could only see the guilt plastered on his face. I felt so bad. All I wanted to do was meet him, and forgive him for my mothers sake. I know how stubborn my other could be sometimes, and forgiving him would be a long shot. I was sad as we left the building, and mom helped me into the car.

     As we were driving home, I remembered that he gave me his business card when we left his office the first time. Perfect! Now I can actually contact him! We get home and mom helps me inside.

     "Mija, I'm sorry for how I acted back there. The reason I gave you his number was because I wanted you to visit him. I never wanted to see. Him again, and I apologize for my outburst. At leas ou know where he is now. I'll help you get changed. Before she started helping me, I smelt something burning.

     "Is something burning?" Mom smelt the air and rushed to the kitchen.

     "MY STEAK!" This was my opportunity. I dialed the number on my phone and called Zacks office. As the phone rang, I hid myself in a corner, so mom wouldn't see me at first glance.

     "Hello?" The man said.

     "Hi, this is Aphmau. Can I speak to Dr. Zack please?"

     "Of course, please hold." The hold music started to play and I waited impatiently to speak to my father. At least I know why he acted so weird on the first day. I hope that he really is sorry.