Saying Goodbye

Aphmau's POV:

     I finished my breakfast and rolled around until I turned enough to roll to the couch. I turned on the TV and slumped in my wheelchair. I didn't watch the TV. I just...Thought. Thought about what's been happening.

     Am I real? Blaze said I was made by Irenes relic, and that's the same relic the doctors would talk about when I was in the hospital. Am I just a relic..? Am I the disturbance? Is it my fault that the void is coming? And Zane and Garroth. Who would make them forget their father? Why would they make them forget? What did he do? I thought. I had too many questions I couldn't answer. I had to take this slow. I need to do each task one at a time. I'll start with Zane and Garroth. Their problem seems easy enough. All I have to do is wait to go back to starlight, and then check around, see if there's any clues. Then I'll think about the void. Hopefully it's not coming soon.

     "Hey Aphmau."

     "Good morning, Aaron! How'd you sleep?"

     "Good. Also, I think this belongs to you." He handed me my Woof plush back.

     "Oh! I thought that was yours!" I lied.

     "But didn't I give this to you?"

     "Well yeah, but-...Aaron, who told you that? No one was around when you gave Woof to me."

     "No one told me. Why?" I lit up. I almost jumped out of my wheelchair to go and tell Melissa. I rolled as fast as I could to the stairway.

     "MELISSA!! COME DOWN, QUICK!!" I shouted. I heard Melissa slam a door shut and she bolted downstairs.

     "What happened?! Did someone get hurt?"

     "AARON REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!" I said, with tears streaming down my face like a river.

     "HE DID!? FINALLY!!" Melissa screamed with me.

     "I-I did? I remembered something?" Aaron asked stunned.

     "Yes! You did, Aaron!" I held his hand. "You remembered something!" Aaron started crying.

     "I remembered something!" He said with glee. Melissa hopped around the room and ran around Aaron.

     "YAY YOU REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!" Melissa shook Aaron.

     "WE GOTTA TELL EVERYONE THE NEWS!!!" Melissa said.

     "But don't we have to drop me off first?" I said unenthusiastically. Melissa turned to me and sighed.

     "Right, I forgot."

     "Forgot what? What's going on?" Aaron asked. I didn't want Melissa to tell Aaron, but I guess now we have to.

     "Aaron, Aphmau isn't staying with us anymore. She's going to live with her mom for a while." Melissa explained.

     "You're leaving?" Aaron said sad. I sighed and rolled up to him. I grabbed his hands and held them gingerly.

     "Aaron, this was all planned out when I got back from the hospital. My mom was supposed to pick me up earlier, but she got busy. I won't be gone forever, I'm just staying there to recover. I promise I'll be back ok?" I said, tears in my eyes and staring into Aarons sad eyes.

     "You'll only be there for a little, right?"

     "...Yeah, I'll only be gone for a little. Then I'll come back, I promise." I lied. I couldn't leave Aaron with giving him no hope I'd ever come back. Mom has been really skeptical of Aaron ever since the incident, and doesn't want me around him anymore. But that's not the reason I think I'll never come back. I'm worried I'd never see him again because my heart has been acting up. I've been coughing up blood, and been feeling really weak. I'm scared I'll...Die, before we can see each other again. I started silently crying, thinking of the worst. Aaron kneeled down and hugged me.