VALENTINES SPECIAL PART 1

(There will be three parts to this singular version of the Valentines Special)

This takes place 1 year into the future:

Ein's POV:

     Another year brings another day of love for a significant other to the table. I wish this day came every decade. It gets kind of annoying going out once a year seeing everyone lovey-dovey with each other. I mean, I still see that every day, and it's still annoying, but on Valentines Day, they're just more obnoxious. I would go crash at Aphmau's place to hang out and talk about problems, but I don't want to ruin her time with Aaron, especially today. It may be annoying to watch all of this cringey love, but it's even worse to be the third wheel.

     It might be annoying, but I only find it annoying because people overdue it. I see people making out in the middle of the street, and it's just waaaay too gross for me. They need a room! I'm fine on my own, but it's always unpleasant to be reminded that I don't have a significant other by my side. Pretty much all my friends have gotten into relationships now, and I never get to hang out with them anymore. I mean, I get it, even if I've never been in a relationship before, or at least a genuine one. They need to make time for their loved ones the most, and I'm probably last on their list.

     I needed to go on a walk. All this love talk has gotten my mind jumbled up. Maybe I should go grocery shopping. Food is starting to run out, and maybe I can buy something decorative. The house still needs some decorating, considering I just bought this house. I got my duffel bag and let it hang on one of my shoulders. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. I slid the keys in my pocket, along with my phone, and whistled as I walked along the sidewalk.

     When I said I needed a walk, I clearly wasn't thinking. I almost completely forgot it was Valentines day, just because I was thinking of how much of a hopeless romantic it was. The whole walk to the store, I saw couples walking beside me, being all giggly with each other. I mentally groaned, and sighed lightly to myself. I was so annoyed by the giggles, I didn't notice the light was red when I was about to cross the street. Suddenly, a girl's voice flooded my ears.

     "Look out!" They shouted. My tired eyes opened, and I shot my attention to the street ahead. I jumped back and I was safe. I looked everywhere for the girl I heard. Luckily, I didn't have to look far, since she came right to me.

     "Hey! Are you alright?! You almost got seriously hurt!" She scolded me. Her eyes caught my attention like a fish to a hook. Her eyes were such a beautiful amber brown, and It glowed from beneath her hood, but they were filled with concern. I ignored that small detail. Her hair was a majestic bright white, and it went down passed her stomach. She was wearing a midnight Kona cotton-colored hoodie, and the hood attempted to cover her beautiful face, but her Meif~Wa ears lifted the hood, not hiding her face at all. Her shoes matched color, and her stockings were white with colorful confetti. Her skin color was like brushed clay, and I could see a Meif~Wa tail hidden behind her back.

     "Hello? You listening?" She said, getting my attention back on the world. I shook my head and got words to form.

     "Y-Yes! Sorry, I zoned out." I made up an excuse.

     "That's probably why you almost got hit by a car just a minute ago! You need to pay more attention." She said, a little bluntly. She immediately apologized for her tone.

     "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. I just don't want people gettin hurt because of-"

     "Something stupid?" I cut her off. She gave me a little chuckle.