A Visit from Mom

Aphmau's POV:

It's been a few days. I've been working on walking with Aaron for a bit now. It's been going good, But it always feels so relieving to finally sit down after an hour of just walking on my weak legs. It's starting to become less painful, though. I think at this rate, I'll be walking in no time, with some help. I'm gonna try to take Woof's advice, even though I really don't want to. Alina has been mostly spending her time playing with Croissant, which she is right now, actually. I'm sitting on the couch with Aaron, watching some TV while Alina is entertaining herself in other ways.

"This is so fun!" She yelled. She glanced at the TV and put a confused expression on her face.

"We don't have these from where I'm from." She said.

"Do you wanna watch some TV?" I asked. She picked up the dog and sat in between me and Aaron. I changed the news channel, which still had bizarre stuff going on, to a kids channel for Alina to enjoy. She was memorized, staring at the TV.

"THIS IS AMAZING! IT'S LIKE WATCHING SOMETHING THAT'S NOT THERE, BUT IS THERE, BUT IT'S NOT!!" She got excited.

"Yep, that's TV for ya." Aaron chuckled. Both of us clearly didn't know what Alina was talking about, but we just let her have fun watching My Little Horsies. I should really invite Zane over to watch. I haven't watched this in a while, and apparently there's another generation of it. Pretty sure he's excited about that. Melissa rushed downstairs.

"Sorry, I overslept! I need to make you guys some breakfast!" She ran over to the kitchen.

"It's okay Melissa, We weren't that hungry anyways." I said.

"Please, werewolves are always hungry! I'll make you guys something special since I woke up late." She started whipping up something in the kitchen. I had no idea what it was, but I was excited. We suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Can I answer it? Please?" I gave Aaron my puppy eyes. He blushed, and gave in.

"Fine, but as long as you never make that face again." Aaron helped me up. I grunted under my breath.

"What, too cute for ya?" I laughed.

"No.." We brushed it off and he helped me to the door. He let go of me once my hand reached the door knob, and I leaned on the door. I twisted the knob and opened the door. To my surprise, it was my mother.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What, can't a mother visit her baby?" She said. I let her in the house. She walked in and was startled at Aaron, not realizing he was right behind the door.

"O-Oh! Good to see you Aaron!" She sounded happy, but I can tell when she's nervous better than anyone. She was nervous of Aaron.

"Mom, do you think we could talk upstairs for a second? I wanna talk to you about something- Gah!" Alina ran over to me and squeezed my leg tightly, which not only hurt, but made me fall over on my face. I think this was the...fifth time? I dunno, I can't keep track anymore.

"Mija! Are you alright?"

"Yep, all good." I said muffled, with my face in the floor, and all that. I picked myself up with the help of Aaron and I held onto the door again, this time with Aaron's support as well. Alina held my leg again, and I grunted again. It was a burning sensation in my legs, rising up to my spine, which made it shiver uncontrollably. Mom noticed Alina and looked shocked.

"Mija, who is this? Are you babysitting for someone?" She asked.

"Uhm, yeah. You can say that." I said. In a way, we technically are babysitting her, until we can get her home. My legs were in grave pain, and I was starting to fidget with anything my hands could be in touch in that moment. I was tapping my fingers on the door knob, and if possible, had my grip on the knob tighter. Aaron noticed, because he asked me if I wanted to sit down.

"No, I'm okay. Can I go upstairs to talk to my mom for a second?" I asked. He agreed, and helped me pup the stairs. Now that my legs burn even more than last time, I felt there was no way I could make it up the stairs, but to my surprise I did. Mom. Follow us up, and when we got to my room Aaron helped me onto the bed and gave us privacy.

"Okay Mom, I know you can come whenever you want to visit me, but you normally inform me first. Also you seemed nervous downstairs. You okay?" I asked.

"Pfft, Mija, I'm not nervous! what makes you think I'm nervous?" Mom covered up.

"Mom, I know you better than anyone and you know that. I'm not mad, I just wanna know. Why did you come?" I asked again.

"I just...Wanted to talk, is all. I wanted to apologize." She said.

"Apologize? For what?"

"For getting angry at your father. It was rude of me to be so rash, and I didn't give him a chance. I called him the other day to apologize to him, and he says that you've been doing stuff together. Have you been getting to know him?"

"For a little bit, yeah. I kinda have to anyways, since he's my therapist and all." I chuckled.

"Well I guess there's no better person than someone you know. Well, you need really knew him, but you get my point." I laughed at her comment.

"Hey! Do not laugh at your mother! Do you want me to get my chancla?" She said, already pulling one off her foot.

"No no! I'm good!" I insisted. She put her slipper back on her foot, and I sighed in relief as she did so.

"So...Who are you babysitting for?" Mom asked. I looked at her confused.

"Babysitting? I'm not babysitting." I said.

"What do you mean? You said you were babysitting that baby downstairs. Wait a minute, DID YOU ADOPT A BABY?! AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Mom said shocked. I insisted that I didn't adopt, and I was just taking care of her for a while.

"But you just said you weren't babysitting anyone." Mom said, not believing a word I said.

"I, Uhm, I'm...Fostering! Yep!" I lied. Mom looked at me suspiciously, and I got nervous. She looked at me like that for a few more seconds before she returned to normal.

"Alright then. Well, you know how much I love babies, so you better expect more unannounced visits from now on. Also, if you ever need a babysitter, I'm right here!" She said, opening the door.

"Wait!" I got up unexpectedly, and stumbled on my feet. I wobbled a bit, but stood firm on the ground.

"You never told me why you were scared- and she's gone." I sighed in defeat and walked to the staircase. I called for Aaron to help me down, and he did. I looked to the door, and it was closed. She must've left. I shouldn't have gotten distracted.

"How come your mom left in such a hurry?" Aaron asked.

"I don't really know, but she said she could babysit whenever we needed it." I stated awkwardly. Aaron helped me back onto the couch and we all continued to watch some cartoons with Alina. Melissa was still making breakfast, so Aaron went to help her. Hopefully Alina doesn't squeeze my legs again any time soon. My ears and tail almost popped out, and I think mom forgot I had them. I held Alina in my arms worriedly, thinking about how she had no care in the world, while I was stuck with so many problems.

U