Beach Day

Aphmau's POV:

     I woke up the next morning in my room, as usual. I felt energetic today. Probably because I'm excited to see the pups again! I hop into my wheelchair and go to my closet. I pick out one of my favorite outfits to go out. I had a long sleeve purple crop top with straps, and I had shorts on. I took mom quite a bit to get ready, but it was worth it. I called for Melissa and she helped me down the stairs once more. I know I said I didn't want physical therapy, but I'm starting to get really tired of sitting down all day. When we got down the stairs Melissa gave me a bag.

     "You left your phone downstairs and Dottie called. She said she was going to be at the beach at ten, so I packed you something to eat instead of breakfast." She said.

     "Thanks Melissa! Where's Aaron?"

     "He's just getting ready. We'll leave when he is." Melissa said. She went in the kitchen to grab another pack when Aaron started coming down the stairs. He wasn't holding on the railing. I thought for a second he could see, but then he tripped on a step. Melissa dashed over to help.

     "Aaron, you know not to do that!" Melissa scolded.

     "S-Sorry..." Aaron apologized. I rolled over to the both of them.

     "Good morning Aaron!" I chirped.

     "Hey Aphmau. Did you sleep well last night?"

     "Yeah, I did." I didn't have a dream with Alina today. Maybe it was a dream...or maybe I was just too late! She might've left! She could get hurt! I need to find a way to help them somehow.

     "Are we going to the beach today?" Aaron asked.

     "Yes we are! I packed you guys some lunch, and I'm gonna bring a frisbee for you all to play with." Melissa showed off the frisbee.

     "Melissa, please. We aren't children." I said, embarrassed that she's bringing toys for us to 'play with'.

     "If I know the pack, I know you're gonna have way more fun with this around! Just tell them to watch where they're aiming." Melissa said. I guess there's no changing her mind. Well, as long as I don't tell anyone about that, then we don't have to play with it. Melissa unlocked the door and we headed out for the beach. I was over the roof excited. I couldn't wait to see them again! We only saw each other once before now, and we barely had time to talk! Now we can spend the whole day making sand castles!

     When we finally arrived, I almost hopped out of the car. I was so happy I forgot I couldn't walk.

     "Alright there, calm down. I'll get you your wheelchair." Melissa chuckled. She came back from the trunk with my wheelchair.

     "Thanks Melissa." I said. I got into my wheelchair, and then she helped Aaron outside of the car as well. She brought him over to me and she made him hold my wheelchair so he wouldn't get lost. He and Melissa rolled me down the sandy beach. It kinda felt weird with two people rolling me. One was leaning towards the left, while the other was leaning towards the right.

     "Aaron, roll her this way." Melissa said, probably hoping he would to direction of the sound of her voice. He didn't really do what she said, but he did go in another direction which was downhill. He wasn't prepared for the momentum, so he accidentally let go of me. I started rolling downhill rapidly. If I didn't stop, I'd hit the water for sure. This time, I was definitely prepared for something like this. I jumped out of my wheelchair as an instinct, and the chair continued to roll until it hit the water. I sighed in relief quietly, and I noticed someone had come up to me. It was Daniel!