CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

(This story is taken 17  years into the future)

3rd Person POV

     The night was silent, but it was soon to be filled with chatter and laughter all around the house. Aphmau and Aaron were just cleaning the rest of the house while Alina played close by the Christmas tree.

     "Is the turkey still in the oven?" Aphmau shouted from across the hall, cleaning the steps.

     "Just took it out!" Aaron responded, placing the turkey on the dining room table. Just then, a knock was heard from the door. Everyone froze and stared at the door with a bright grin sneaking onto their faces. Aphmau dashed to the door and swung it open, revealing a handful of people. As Aphmau greeted everyone at the door, Aaron put the finishing touches to the dinner and rushed to Aphmau. Many friends were invited this year.

     "Hey, glad you could make it!" Aphmau said to each individual that came through their doorway, not completely paying attention to who she was speaking to, or at least until someone specific came through the door that noticed her lack of attention.

     "Good to see you guys!" Aphmau greeted, brightening her smile.

     "I thought you said hosting this year wouldn't be too stressful." Said a voice that made her look up. Aphmau's eyes opened wide, and hugged the man.

     "Ein! I thought you said you couldn't make it this year!" Aphmau said, still giving her a squeeze. Aaron continued to greet everyone while Ein and Aphmau chatted.

     "Work isn't as important as family, and I wasn't about to work on a holiday anyways. But I just knew you guys couldn't do this all by yourselves." Ein teased. Aphmau giggled at the comment.

     "We're not that bad at hosting Christmas." Aphmau judged her past Christmases at her house.

      "Please, remember last year you said you could make the food because dad had a cold?" Ein reminisced, making Aphmau flustered.

      "Hey! That was one time!"

     "Ok, but just know I'm still her if you need anything. I'll let you get back to saying hi to people you're not even paying attention to." Ein dashed off with a silly face before Aphmau could comment. She huffed, but proceeded to greet the last little group of people. Once everyone was inside, Aphmau and Aaron parted ways to talk with others. Aphmau spotted in the corner of her eye, someone else very familiar. She knew who it was, and she walked up to her.

     "Lilith! It's so good to see you!" Aphmau hugged. Lilith hugged back.

     "Mom! I didn't think I'd make it, with all the ice on the road, but I just got here. I'm surprised you got the house to look this nice in time." Lilith giggled.

     "Why does everyone keep saying that?!" Aphmau groaned. Lilith continued to laugh, but then she stopped.

     "It doesn't matter though, because your christmases are always the most memorable and chaotic ones." Lilith smiled. Aphmau hugged her another time, and they continued to chat until little Alina arrived at Aphmau's feet.

     "Lilith!" Alina chirped, running over to her older sister.

     "Alina! It's so good to see you!" Lilith got on her knees and gave Alina a tight squeeze before letting go. Aphmau let the two talk and play whilst she went to Aaron. Aaron had already finished catching up with the others, and was now grabbing some extra chairs for people to sit on at the dinner table.

     After things were set, and people had wrapped up their conversations, everyone gathered around the table to eat. Aaron and Aphmau went by the door, and whispered something so low, not even the Werewolves or Meif~wa could eavesdrop. Afterwards, Aaron left. Alina proceeded to ask where he went.

     "He's just going out to get some last-minute things." Aphmau stated, stroking her hair. Aphmau walked Alina to her seat and sat her down, then went to her own chair not too far from Alina's. The chatter continued to spread around the table as food was passed around.

     The family and friends stayed until the clock struck twelve, and suddenly, a loud clatter was heard from the roof. Alina gasped with a smile, and Aphmau turned to her with the same smile duplicating on her face.

     "Is he here already?" Alina asked excitedly.

     "He must be. Hurry, run upstairs and pretend to go to sleep!" Aphmau said, and Alina ran up the stairs. After she did, the table grew in light laughter as the clatter stopped and shortly after, Aaron appearing at then door. Aphmau helped him pull out many gifts from out of the closet, and placed each of them carefully under the tree. Then Aaron went to his seat while Aphmau went to the edge of the stairs.

     "Alina, you can come now! He's gone!" Aphmau shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Alina came bolting down the stairs, almost falling on her face in the process. She look by the tree and made a loud gasp. She ran to the tree and looked at all the new presents under the tree.

     "Can I open them now?" Alina asked desperate.

     "Of course! It's Christmas!" Aaron said, standing up from his chair and walking towards Aphmau. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and they watched as she unwrapped every present. Soon after, people were exchanging gifts, sitting by the fire.

     And just like that, the day was finally over. It was the calmest Aphmau had ever seen, and she sighed in relief. Everyone started to clear out, and there was gift wrap scattered along the floor. Aphmau and Aaron weren't mad about the small mess. In fact, they picked up the garbage with a smile. With a big bag filled to the brim with garbage in hand, Aaron walked by the garbage can.

     "Hey Aaron!" Said Aphmau. Aaron turned and saw Aphmau standing under the mistletoe. Aaron gave her a cheeky smile, and walked up to her. He kissed her lightly and finished pouring the rest of the garbage in the can quickly. After that, Aphmau and Aaron quietly went up to their room, being careful not to disturb their child. They hopped into bed.

     "You excited for 2039?" Aaron asked.

     "As long as I get to be with you guys." Aphmau responded, yawning and turning around. Only a moment later, Snoring could be heard from her. Aaron chuckled lightly and gave her a final kiss on the cheek.

     "Goodnight Aph." Aaron whispered. Aaron then closed his eyes and drifted off to dreamland.