EASTER SPECIAL

(This chapter takes place 22 years into the future)

Lilith's POV:

     March rolled around rather quickly this year, and now it was Easter again. I can't wait to visit mom and dad again! I know Alina will be happy to see me. I'm also excited to see little baby Ace! I can't believe it's already been seven months since he was born. It's been so long since I've seen them all.

     I wonder what mom has planned for Easter this year. Alina will probably make me do something stupid, but I won't mind. The drive here probably took around an hour. I turned to the left and saw the house just up ahead. I pulled into their driveway and put my car in park. I breathed a heavy sigh as the car stopped shaking. I could already hear noise from the backyard. Guess I'm a little late, but at least I got here.

     I opened the car door, unbuckled my seatbelt, and climbed out of the car. I closed the door and began walking down the pathway and up the two little steps on the porch of the big red house. I knocked on the big brown door and waited for a response. After a second or two, the door replied and opened, showing my mother on the other side.

     "Lilith!" She grabbed me and hugged me. "Oh, I missed you so much! I'm so glad you could make it this year!" She said.

     "I missed you too, mom. It's been so long since I've visited, I had to come this time." I said back. She gave me a smile and brought me inside.

    "Oh, here's a headband! Everyone's wearing them this year." She laughed and gave me a bunny headband.

     "Aaron! Come say hi to your daughter!" Mom shouted. Then dad appeared from the top of the steps and walked down slowly. When he reached the bottom, he came over to greet me.

     "Lilith! Good to see you, kid." He gave me a small hug.

     "Missed you too, Pops." I patted him on the back. I could hear running from upstairs, and I smiled, knowing who it was.

     "IS SHE HERE YET?!" I heard her scream. I chuckled a little.

     "If you wanna know so bad, get down here!" I replied. I heard a big gaps, and then more rustling, this time close to the steps. Then finally, she showed up at the top of the stairs, wearing a little bunny headband. She came running down them like an athlete to a football field. When she was still a good distance from the floor, she jumped from the steps merely assuming I'd catch her. Of course, I did, but that was a bit rambunctious.

     "Oof!" I huffed. "Alina, you're getting too heavy for me!" I adjusted her position in my arms.

     "Hey, I'm not heavy!" Alina crossed her arms. I gave her a smile and laughed, and my laughter spread to her quickly. She giggled and grinned. I put her back on the ground and she ran circles around me.

     "I can't believe you're here!" She spun around. I went on my knees and gave her the biggest squeeze. Then after squeezing her to death, I shot back up and giggled as she laid on the floor with her tongue sticking out.

     "She's a funny kid," I said to mom. " So, what are we doing this year?" I asked her.

     "Well, I thought we could do a little something different this year! Instead of an easter hunt, we're gonna hide the eggs! I got a bunch of easter baskets for everyone, and they're all filled with easter eggs. We'll go around and hide them for the little ones to find!" Mom explained.

     "Mom says I'm not little anymore, so I have to help hide the eggs." Alina pouted. I patted her on the head.

     "Hey, hiding the eggs is plenty fun! You get to spend more time hanging out with me rather than peeking at where I hide the eggs!" I said. Her eyes lit up and she started jumping up and down again.

     "YIPPE! What are we waiting for then? LET'S GO!" Alina grabbed my hand and started running out of the house. I followed and we eat grabbed a basket in the yard. We saw a few adults already hiding the eggs, such as Uncle Garroth, Uncle Zane and Aunt Nana. We ran in the opposite direction of the adults and started hiding eggs. Then Alina came over to me with a grin creeping up on her face.

     "What crazy idea do you have this time?" I sighed.

     "Why don't we hide these eggs in someone else's yard? It'll be even more fun, and others can enjoy moms yummy eggs!" She held up her basket. To further convince me, she gave me the puppy eyes.

     "Hah hah, very funny," I said sarcastically. " What makes you think I'm gonna break and enter into someones house?" I sassed.

     "It could be someone we know! C'mon, this'll be fun! Pleeeeeeeeeease?" She stressed. I sighed in annoyance.

     "Fine, but it better be someone we know." I followed her out the backyard door and we left the house. I followed Alina a few doors down to a white house. She walked to the back and tried climbing the fence. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I picked her up to get into the yard. I followed and hopped the fence.

     "See? Easy peasy! Now we just have to hide a few eggs and get out!" I pulled out an egg as she continued to talk to me. "Then we could go in another house and hide the eggs in their yard, Oh! Maybe we could do it in everyone's yard! But we would probably have to-..Uh, Lilith?" Alina continued to nudge me as I looked for a place to hide the egg.

     "What now?" I asked. I turned to her, and she pointed to a window at the house. I looked over, and I dropped everything in both my hands as I stood paralyzed. I saw a little kid staring at us in shock. We all had a stare down, all afraid to move a muscle. Suddenly, Alina made a run for it.

     "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" She yelped. I scampered behind her and quickly helped her up the fence. I hopped the fence and picked up Alina, putting her on my shoulders. I ran like the wind, escaping the house, leaving the basket. When we reached our house again, I put Alina down and panted like a dog.

     "Never...Again.." I barely spoke.

     "Agreed." Alina concurred. "Quick, before anyone notices we're gone." Alina pointed to the door leading to the backyard. Alina ran while I speed-walked to the door. She opened it and held it for me. We both got in, and I closed the door behind me. Alina picked up her basket that she left behind and acted as if she had been hiding eggs all along. Then I saw mom and dad come out.

     "That's odd.." I overheard mom say.

     "What's odd?" Pops asked.

     "I could've sworn there was one other basket of eggs. Oh well." Mom shrugged it off.

     Thank goodness.