Asking Questions

Aphmau's POV:

     This can't be good. Am I really 'fading away?' And if I'm fading, that must mean the last piece I'm looking for is fading as well. How am I supposed to get it when I'm literally dying?! I'm going to have to ask Blaze about this. Speaking of Blaze, where had he been? I haven't seen him since Alina showed up. I really have to get her out of my head somehow. I'm getting too stressed out. Maybe I should just go back to my room and rest. I let the Doctor finish what he has to say, even though I didn't listen. Melissa was on her way back to my room, rolling me down the hall, when I remembered I had to look for Garte for Garroth and Zane. I still don't really believe them, but I suppose it's worth a shot. And it is the last place I saw him too.

     "Uh, Melissa? Can I use the bathroom?" I lied. I needed a way to get away from everyone to leave the hospital and search.

     "Of course! If you ever need it, it's three doors down from your room on the left." She rolled me in and she let me be in the bathroom. I didn't see any way I could exit without abandoning my wheelchair. It would be too risky to leave it here, and also my search would be too slow. Maybe if I ask Melissa...But what if she says no? I don't see another option, so I sigh and leave the bathroom.

     "You're done already? That was quick. I didn't even hear a flush. Must have quiet toilets." Melissa assumed.

     "That's because I didn't go." I said cautiously.

     "Oh! I'm sorry, I should've went in there with you! You probably need help-"

     "No, I don't have to go." I said.

     "Then why did you ask?"

     "I...was trying to leave the hospital."

     "WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO-"

     "Shh! Keep it down! You already know I'm still adjusting to loud noises, and also you'll get us caught!" I whisper-yelled, covering my ears.

     "Why were you trying to leave?" Melissa asked sternly, which got me nervous.

     "Because I promised Zane and Garroth to look for their dad." I said. It kinda sounds stupid out loud, now that I think about it.

     "Seriously? They left their dad here?" She asked, unbelieving.

     "It was the last place all of us saw him, and also when I was healing both Zane and Garroth at our sleepover, I could feel a barrier blocking something, and when I was done they said they remembered their dad was still on the island." I explained. She seemed unfazed.

     "Who'd want to erase Garroth and Zane's memories of their father?"

     "I dunno, but I'm gonna found out. Are you with me?" I asked with fear in my voice. I was anxious of her answer. What if she said no, and told the doctors about me planning to leave? And even if she says yes, what if we get caught? What will we say?

     "Fine. I'll help, but just know that if they catch us, they might keep us restricted to the hospital." Melissa warned. She rolled me in the other direction to Aaron's room where she went inside to get him. She came out with Aaron, and we continued. Aaron seemed a little off today. I wonder what's up with Melissa and Aaron. We left the hospital cautiously and luckily weren't caught. We then began our search for Garte. We walked passed our old beach house that we used to stay at. The door was opened. It looked suspicious. We would've left the house be, but we heard a ruckus inside the house.I reluctantly rolled over to the house without Melissa's consent.

     "I'm getting bad vibes from here." Aaron said.

     "Don't worry. If he's not here, we'll be in and out." Melissa said. She helped me roll up the stairs and we entered the house. We heard another crash that sounded like glass colliding with the floor, and we all bolted to the kitchen. We peered over the corner. What we saw was not what I had anticipated.

     We saw a woman with cyan hair, and matching blue crystal eyes. From the looks of it, she must've cut herself with the broken glass scattered all over the tiled kitchen floor, because she was holding out her hand and putting pressure on it. It was only a matter of time until she had finally noticed us in the corner of her eye.

     "Who are you?" She said nastily.

     "We didn't mean to intrude. We were just looking for someone, and when we heard the glass we thought he might be here." I said, trying to hide as much information as possible to the stranger.

     "Who are you looking for?" She asked with curiosity slipping out of her voice.

     "It's none of your business." Aaron said. I just realized not even Aaron knows what we're doing, unless Melissa told him in his room.

     "It's Garte, isn't it?" She said, acting like she knew everything.

     "What? How did you know?!" Melissa asked shocked. I quickly nodded her in the side with my elbow, signaling that she just gave us away.

     "Because I took him. I merely had to have a word with him, is all. He's been gone for quite a while now. I believe he's still on the island, but I haven't seen him." She explained.

     "Who are you?" I asked, letting a growl slip out.

     "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Elizabeth. Now that you have your information, may you please leave me be? I have things to do." She turned and went to the right cabinet filled with bandages and wraps.

     "Busy with what?" I asked again.

     "You should have no interest in my work. Please leave." She shooed us out. I wasn't leaving without information. Something about her seemed like she knew something I did too. I need to know if she knows. Maybe she could help!

      "Why can't you just tell us what you're doing?" I asked once more.

     "Because it's none of your business! Leave!" She shoved us out of the house and slammed the door. She was rude, to say the least. Melissa helped me down the stairs and we continued to walk along the coast, when we saw someone in the distance with blonde hair and a suit, walking along the coast as well. Hopefully it was him. Melissa started walking a little faster to catch up.

     "Excuse me sir?" I shouted, not too far off from him. He turned, and it was him. We found Garte. 

____