VALENTINES SPECIAL PART 2

Ein's POV:

Valentines day had finally passed, and my mind was a little bit more at ease. But that girl I saw yesterday, she was was still on my mind. I couldn't get her out no matter how hard I tried. I didn't even know her! Why did I feel so different when I looked into her eyes? The feeling wasn't normal at all. I didn't know what to think of it.

Maybe if I saw her again, it would put my mind at ease. I would stop thinking about her so much, probably. Hopefully. I could maybe catch her on a walk if I went to the store again. I did forget to get some decorations for the house. I put on my iconic blue hoodie, and headed out the door. I whistled while walking down the street. I felt so excited to get this whole ordeal sorted out.

I hadn't realized, but I practically skipped all the way to then corner that we met. I calmed down when I reached the corner. I waited for a bit before I saw a familiar white-haired covered up Meif'wa walking down on the other end of the corner. She looked down to the ground, minding her own business, from what I could see. It'd be pretty funny if this time I would save her from the traffic light. She lifted her head suddenly, and was standing at the corner, next to me. I heard the smallest, more so quietest, sigh come out of her mouth. A lump formed in my throat, so I cleared my throat. I could see her ears hiding from beneath her hood, twitch toward my direction. She tilted her head to me slightly, and noticed my face. I began to stiffen up, and I gave her a small wave.

"Oh! It's you again!" She said with glee.

"Yep, it's good to see you again, uh, as well." I said, a little standoffish. Regardless of my accidentally rude tone, she struck up a conversation with me.

"So, have you been looking when crossing the street these days?" She joked.

"Yeah, I have." I went along with it.

"That's good to hear. So...what's your name? I never caught it the first time we met." She asked.

"I'm Ein." I answered.

"I'm Kitty! I know the name's a bit odd. Nice to meet you, well, properly this time." She stuck out her hand for a shake. She was much more formal than I thought. I took her offer and shook her hand.

"That's a pretty name." I said, rather smoothly.

"Pfft, please, it's not."

"No, really! It's a cute name, and I think it fits you." I said to convince her. I must've caught her off guard, because she made the most nervous chuckle I had ever heard, and her face heated up from under her hood.

"T-Thanks.." She blushed.

"So where you headed?" I asked her.

"Nowhere, really. I just walk most of the day." She answered.

"Oh, I guess I'll see you often then!" I said, lying to myself saying I walk a lot.

"That's great! I don't really talk to many people, so I'll look forward to our meets!" She said with glee.

"Absolutely! I just moved in not too long ago, so I don't talk to many people here either." I admitted.

"Well, I have to get going. I'll see you later?" She asked.

"Sure! See ya later!" I answered. I waved her goodbye and walked home. I did think about walking back to the store, but I just wanted to go home at this point. It was getting pretty late, anyways. I took a nice short walk back to the house, and sighed in relief when I could see my house on the corner. I relaxed my pace and walked slowly back to my house. When I reached the house, I reached deep into my pockets for my keys. I flailed my hand around in my pocket, looking for the key. Then I realized my keys must've fallen out of my pockets at one point! What was I to do?! I didn't have any backup keys on me, and even if I did, it would be inside the house. Before I could even panic further, I heard a voice from behind me.

"I guess later is now, huh?" She said. Subsequently I heard a sound of keys clanging together. I turned my head, and saw a familiar face, or covered-up face. It was Kitty again! And she was at my house? Why was she here? Did she follow me? Then I saw something dangling from the tip of her fingers. It was a set of keys. My set of keys! She found them! Suddenly everything clicked together in my head. I walked over to Kitty.

"Hey. Thank you so much, you really are a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do if I lost these." I thanked.

"I just heard a clank when I saw you walking off, and then I saw your assumed-to-be keys on the floor. You were already too far away for me to shout your name, so I followed you." She explained.

"I would've heard you, y'know. I'm a werewolf." I said.

"You are?" She asked, surprised. I revealed my ears and tails and showed her my true form. For context, I don't show my werewolf ear and tail often because of its past mistakes. It used to be all I cared about, and I don't want to think that way anymore. So I resulted to hiding them from time to time.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize. I didn't actually know werewolves could do that." She said.

"Yeah, they can. Why? Can't Meif'wa's do it too?" I said, now finding a question to ask.

"No, they can't. That's why I just assumed werewolves couldn't either. Sorry about that." She apologized.

"Don't sweat it. You weren't wrong to assume that. Most werewolves choose not to hide them anyways," I forgave her. "Y'know, you apologize a lot. Like, more than the shyest person." I said, a little bluntly.

"I just grew up in a very polite family, is all. It's a force of habit." She said. We sat there in silence for only a moment before she thought of a new topic to talk about.

"So, this is your new place, I presume?" She asked, pointing to the house.

"Yep, this one's mine. Hey, I could give you a tour if you want." I offered. She thought a minute before answering.

"Sure, why not?" So we both walked into the house (After I fiddled with the keys to unlock the door), and I gave her the grand tour of the place. We scoped out the entire house, from head to toe. She looked around, almost in awe.

"So, you like it?" I asked.

"Yeah! It's amazing, it's so big!" She said. "It's so much bigger than my place. Then again, I live in an apartment." She finished her sentence.

"This place isn't that big, but I'm glad you like it! Maybe we could meet up here another day to just, I dunno, hang out?" Was I asking her out on a date? WHAT AM IN DOING?!?!

"Sure! I'd love that. I know it's kind of weird to say it, because we kinda just met and all, but I like hanging out with you. It's nice to have a friend, y'know?" She said. I started blushing a lot, and I think she noticed.

"Are you burning up? Your face is really red." She placed her hand on my forehead, and I only got redder.

"Your temperature seems to be fine. You okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I-I'm good. Just..thought of something embarrassing." I half-lied.

"Oh, okay then. I won't ask if it's uncomfortable." Kitty looked at the time.

"Shoot, I gotta go. I'll catch up with you later?" She asked, one final time.

"Absolutely! I'll see you then!" I walked her to the door and she left. I closed the door and sighed, in relief. I know I didn't intend any of that interaction, but at least now I have a friend that's close by.

I hope she visits soon.