Game Day

Aphmau's POV:

     Today was a good day. I woke up earlier than usual, and got some steps in. Yesterday I got 132 steps in, which is good. I know that walking 132 steps is basically just walking for a minute, but it takes me ten times longer to do the things used to, and that is quite literate. Now all I have to do is work on moving faster. I got some more steps in this morning, and walked myself downstairs. I plopped onto the couch and put on some TV. I could feel someone's presence as I was watching the news. It felt like eyes on me. I could feel them through my head. I started getting nervous, but brushed all my thoughts away and cleared my mind, thinking it was only in my head.

     The feeling only got worse, and it made my stomach twist and turn. I started shaking a little. Maybe this was real. Now it felt like they were right on me, about to pounce.

     "I-Is anyone there?" I ask quietly, with every word getting in a high pitch. Something behind me grabbed my shoulders, and I screamed. I fell off the couch and looked behind me to see Melissa laughing her butt off.

     "Oh my gosh, that was the funniest thing I ever saw! I didn't think I would actually be able to scare you!" She laughed.

     "Melissa! That wasn't funny!" I said, holding my chest.

     "C'mon, I was just keeping you on my toes." Melissa said. "You probably would've heard me if you had your ears out. Doesn't it feel uncomfortable?" She asked.

     "Kind of, but not really." I responded.

     "You can have them out. Here if you want, where no one can see them. No one's stopping you." Melissa said.

     "I'm stopping myself. I'd rather leave it alone than make it a habit. What if someone comes over and I just let them pop out?" I asked.

     "I guess you have a good point. Oh well, suit yourself." Melissa went back to the kitchen, probably where she was hiding. Aaron dashed down the stairs.

     "I heard screaming! What happened?" Aaron yelled.

     "Don't worry Aaron, I just spooked her a little bit." Melissa giggled.

     "I still don't think it was funny!" I shouted from the couch, even though the kitchen was not that far away. Aaron calmed and came over to me.

     "You okay?" He asked.

     "Yeah, I'm fine." I murmured. A ring from the doorbell alarmed the three of us, and we slightly flinched at the unexpected sound. We looked to the door, and the bell rang once more. We still decided not to answer, for some reason. Probably because we weren't expecting anybody. We didn't hear a bell after the second time. Instead, we heard a soft knock on the door. Aaron decided it would probably just be best to answer the door. It doesn't seem whoever the person on the other side is going away any time soon. Aaron answered the door and Ein met his eyes.

     "Oh, hey Aaron! What's up?" Ein asked.

     "Good, how about you?" Aaron questioned.

     "Same here. Hey, I was wondering if me and Aphmau could hang out today? I thought about going to the arcade! You and Melissa can come too, if you guys want." Ein said. Aaron turned his attention to me and gave me a look of approval. I nodded my head, and he turned back to Ein.

     "Sure, we could do that. Melissa, do you wanna come?" Aaron asked.

     "Nah, I'll stay here and watch the baby." Melissa responded.

     "What baby?" Ein asked.

     "Don't worry about it." Aaron said. Aaron came to me with my wheelchair. I hopped in and he rolled me out of the house.

     "It's not that far, so we don't need to drive. It would only waste good gas." Ein said. We walked for a bit and reached a place I've never seen before. I guess things really can change within a little over a year or two. It was called the Arcade Plaza. We waltzed right in with no problem. There weren't even any doors. We were overwhelmed with how many games were in this place. We walked around until we found a game that one of us wanted to play. Ein already ran off to play Dance Dance Uprising, or something, so that just left me and Aaron lost in this sea of games. He suddenly stopped, and I turned to see what he was looking at. They had a bunch of computers set up, and they all had one game on it.

     Final Fantasy.

     I looked at it with awe, with all the memories flooding back within a second. That was how me and Aaron met. I haven't touched that game in years. I believe it was after college when I stopped. I can't believe they still have the games in stock. I looked over to Aaron and he stared at it longingly.

     "You wanna play it?" I teased. He looked at me with begging eyes. I guess he thought I was serious. With just his eyes, he begged me to play with him. I gave in, of course, and he rolled me over to the computers.

     "I-I think I still remember my password...! It worked!" He typed everything so fast I didn't even get a chance to do anything. He looked so happy. All the time I've been with him, I've never seen him so happy. He always seemed a little upset, one way or another. He was in the zone, desperate for something. He was typing away on the computer, while I was just getting started, trying so desperately to remember my account. Information. In the end, I got nothing to work, so I rolled over to Aaron to see what he was doing.

     He was searching for an account. What account? He was typing like he only had an hour left of life. Like there was no tomorrow. After a long while of searching, and I mean a looooong while, He gave up.

     "Nothing..." He mumbled.

     "What were you looking for?" I asked curiously.

     "Nothing, I just thought it could still be there." He responded.

     "What could still be there?" I questioned. I kinda felt dumbfounded. Like there was something in this situation that I should've put the pieces together, but I was too oblivious to notice and left the pieces be.

     "...Don't worry about it. I just want you to have a good time." He smiled. He took me down the ramp of the computers we were at and we continued to play games until our time was up. Ein met up with us and we all went home.  

T