The Talking Plush

Aaron's POV:

     I was silent the whole car ride home. I didn't want to talk right now. I was still upset. I just got back my first memory, and then Aphmau has to leave. I don't want to forget again. I thought the whole car ride home. So much so, I almost didn't hear Melissa say that we're home for the third time.

     "Aaron? Hello? Earth to Aaron!" Melissa started snapping in my face to get my attention.

     "Y-Yes?"

     "We're home! Here, I'll help you out."

     "No no, I'm fine. I'll get out myself." I said, proceeding to open the car door.

     "Alright then." I hear Melissa open her door and get out of the car. I did the same, and closed the door behind me. I walked up to the house with Melissa and we went inside after she unlocked the door. I felt around and went to go upstairs when I felt my foot hit something soft and fluffy.

     "Careful not to trip! Here, I'll get that for ya!" Melissa picked up whatever I hit.

     "Oh, is this the plush that you remembered? It's cute! I think I remember this thing, too! You used to have it laying on your bed, and you'd sleep with it at night." Melissa explained.

     "It's still here? I thought Aphmau took it."

     "Well I guess not. Here, you can hold onto it until Aphmau gets back. She shouldn't be gone long." Melissa encouraged. She gave me the plush and I heard her walk upstairs. I just felt the soft fur of the plush in my hands and squeezed it, knowing it was Aph's. Even if I may not remember her, I felt...Close, when we reunited the day she and Travis came back home. I went upstairs and put it on my bed. I was about to walk out when I heard a squeaky voice come from the opposite direction.

     "Hey! Don't leave! Aphmau wanted me to talk to you, and I didn't decide to stay behind just to be left on a bed!" It yelled. I turned and searched for movement. Whenever I'm not mad, I can only see slight movement. I didn't see anything though.

     "W-Who's there?"

     "I'm Santa Claus- WHO DO YA THINK?! You just set me down on the bed!!" It said irritated. I thought for a minute, until I put the dots together and realized who was talking. Was it the wolf plush? But it can't be! Plushies can't talk!

     "But plushies can't talk!

     "Well I can! And I'm here to talk about your problems, or whatever." It said.

     "So what, are you my therapist?" I joked.

     "Kinda, yeah." It replied. I was joking! I don't want a little wolf plush to be someone to tell all my problems to! If anyone, I'd want it to be Aphmau.

     "You miss her, don't you?" It asked.

     "Yeah..." I said.

     "Me too. I've been waiting for so long to finally complete my mission with her, and now I can't because she wanted me to help you so desperately." It sighed. "She has a good heart, but she doesn't think straight. She only thinks of others, and never saves room in that brain for herself. That's why she's been able to hear me for so long." It explained.

     "So, you only talk if someone needs help?" I asked.

     "Bingo! You just won the lottery!" It said sarcastically.

     "Does that mean I have a problem?"

     "Thanks Sherlock, Like you didn't know already. You got memory loss, pal! Of course you have a problem!" It said.

     "Oh, right." We sat there awkwardly for a second.

     "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rough with ya. It's how I am with everybody." It explained.

     "It's alright. We all have bad days. Even talking wolf plushies. Speaking of, what's your name?" I asked curiously.

     "The names Woof, or so Aphmau calls me. You can call me whatever you want, unless you're good with Woof." Woof said.

     "I'm assuming you already know my name?"

     "Yep. I know a lot about you actually. You can thank Aphmau for that."

     "She talks about me?" I blushed.

     "Oh man, she talks my ears off about you! Almost all my conversations with her from the very beginning always talked about you in some way." Woof explained.

     "O-Oh..." I was getting hotter by the second.

     "Calm down, She doesn't talk that much about you. It's just that all her worries revolve around you. She gets worried that you could be hurt, or that she wants to help, or something."

     "Oh. I guess Aphmau really does care a lot about me."

     "Yep. And you love her, right?"

     "...I don't know." I answered.

     "WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?!"

     "Shh, keep your voice down." I said.

     "Trust me, your sister won't hear a thing I say unless she's dealing with something. Now BACK TO THE SUBJECT!"

     "It's just that...I don't have memories of Aphmau, and the person I do have memories of meant a lot to me. Aphmau means a lot to me too, but I just don't know how much I loved her before.

     "Oh? And who is this person you remember?" Woof asked.

     "Her name is Shu. It's been so long since I've played with her. But I think she's gone now. I have no contact of her in any way. I just remember how much I loved spending time with her." I explained.

     "Oh, I see. Well, maybe she's someone you know now! If you find out who it is, you find out if you love em' as much as Aphmau or not!" Woof came up with an idea.

     "Y'know, that's not the worst idea I've heard. I think I might try it. Too bad I never got to ask Aph if she knew her."

     "Shame. But anyways, let's just get to know each other for now, because clearly you don't feel as comfortable as Aphmau when it comes to sharing your feelings with an inanimate object." Woof chuckled. 

L