Alina's Day Out

Aphmau's POV:

     The rest of yesterday went as it should always. It was relaxing, more in a peaceful sense than anything else. I could tell Katelyn was really trying to warm up to Ein, but she looked uncomfortable. I don't want to hide anymore secrets, but I also don't want Katelyn to be so overwhelmed with surprises she doesn't really enjoy. I can still tell she's uncomfortable with me being a werewolf. Maybe she would've been better off knowing sooner, or maybe not at all. She'd be better off that way. I know how serious she takes these kinds of things. I mean, it's kinda the same way she acted towards Aaron when she found out too, but a little worse. Probably because she thought she could trust me with these kinds of things.

     But the past is in the past, and there's nothing we could do to change it. Y'know, with every single chaotic thing that's happening right now, we probably could change the past, but that's not the point.

     I know Katelyn cares, and I know she's trying. We all just need time, for everything. Hopefully soon enough we won't need time, once I fix everything. Anyways, I woke up this morning finding Alina sleeping next to me. She was holding Woof tightly in her arms. That's odd. I didn't even think she knew where Woof was. She probably saw me with her once or twice, or maybe in Aaron's room. I quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake up Alina. She was still snoring sound asleep when I got out. I was sneaking out of the room when I could hear Woof speaking.

     "Hey. Psst, HEY!" She whisper-screamed. "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!"

     "Nah, She looks comfy. You should stay there for a bit." I closed the door and could hear Woof's defeated long, 'noooooooooo'. I giggled in response and went on my way. When I reached the stairs, I had realized I didn't have my cane with me. I remembered leaving it downstairs last night. The reason behind it I can't remember. I cautiously went down the stairs, holding onto the railing. I knew to be slow, but now it was crucial to take my time going down. One step after another, a creak from the floor was heard. I was as slow as a tortoise, making its way across the street.

     As I reached the last step, I felt something different from the floor under my foot. Before I could even look down to see what I had stepped on, I began to fly backwards as if I was in a cartoon.

     "I'm coming!" I heard a voice cry out beside me as the person grabbed me at the last second. I opened my closed-shut eyes to see what had caught me from my fall, and it was none other than Aaron. For a reason I couldn't describe in a form of words, I turned a light shade of red.

     "Uhm..L-Let me put you down now." Aaron said, with his face the color of a peach. I've seen Aaron blush, but none ever like this. It was quite light toned, but it was somehow able to spread all over his face, as if it was beet red. I hoped my face wasn't like that.

     "Thanks." I said a little quiet.

     "N-No problem." We stood there awkwardly until I began to wobble ever so slightly. Aaron walked over to the couch and grabbed my resting cane. Then he walked back over to me and gave me my cane. I thanked him once more and leaned on it once the surface of the cane was aquatinted with the floor.

     I felt more energetic than usual today. I didn't want to have another stay-home day where all I do is watch some T.V and think. Y'know, out of all the times we've went out, I don't believe we ever took Alina. That gave me a brilliant idea.

     "Hey Aaron, wanna hang out with Alina at the park?" I asked. His eyes slightly lit up with a small sparkle, and looked more lively. I hadn't realized how sad his eyes had looked until now. I was about to ask if he was okay, but instead he answered my first question.

     "Sure. Is Alina up?" He asked me.

     "No, not yet. We can leave when she's ready. For now, wanna make some breakfast?" I questioned.