Brunch with Friends

Aphmau's POV:

     Today, KC invited us to meet at a cafe, saying she wanted to spend more time with all of us. We've only all got together two time since I've gotten back. The first time was when we all met at our house. Y'know, I never asked why they were all at our house that day. But I'm getting off subject. The second time was the party that KC ran to have a welcome home party for us. I'm not counting that time I was at the hospital though. That was unarranged.

     I was so excited to hang out with everyone, I could barely sleep. This is probably the one time I'm grateful for being weaker than normal, because it made it easier to sleep.

     I woke up the next morning filled with energy. Thankfully, Alina was pretty tired this morning. If we were both hyper this morning, we'd be unstoppable. Since it's getting very easy to start maintaining balance, I got up and stretched. I was still slow, but I was able to do it all on my own. I thought I could tire myself out a little before we leave if I walked around my room for a bit. I walked in a circle back in fourth. Aaron found me a cane in the basement, and he gave it to me so I could lean on something while I walk. I don't know why we had a cane in the basement, but I sure was happy about having one. It made it so much easier to walk on my own. I was embarrassed at first, thinking it made me look old, but now I don't care. All I care about is walking.

     I walked in a circle over and over, getting tired very quickly. After a few minutes, I sat back in my chair tired. I heard a chuckle from my bed.

     "Tired already?" Woof asked.

     "Oh, hush you. You can't even walk." I said.

     "Well at least I have an excuse. You have to walk a lot more if you wanna get better, and you only walked for a few minutes."

     "It's not like I'm not gonna walk more today, I was just burning off some energy." I explained.

     "You seem happy today. What's goin on?" She asked me.

     "Me and my friends are going out for some grub. I'm just excited because I haven't seen some of them in a while."

     "That's cool. Well, have fun! Imma just take a nap." Immediately after I heard her say that, I heard her start to snore. It's surprising how a plushie can fall asleep faster than I can. I stretched in my chair and rolled out of my room. I could hear noise coming from downstairs, so I assumed that someone was down there. I called out to whoever that was, and I see Melissa at the bottom of the stairs.

     "Hey Aphmau! You need help downstairs?" She asked.

     "Yeah, thanks." I said as she came up the stairs to help me. She slowly rolled me down the stairs and we hit the final bump at the bottom of the stairs. She kept rolling me and she left me at the kitchen counter. She had some egg in the middle prepared on the table. I could hear more noise upstairs. Either Aaron just woke up, or Alina did. It only sounded like footsteps, so I assumed it was Aaron. Alina probably wouldn't make noise when walking. I started eating my egg in the middle by popping the egg, and let it soak up the bread. Then I cut up the bread into small bite-sized pieces, and ate them all.

     I finished my egg in the middle by the time Aaron came downstairs, ready to go out.

     "So when are we leaving again?" Melissa asked.

     "At eleven' thirty. It takes around half an hour to get there." Aaron said.

     "Aph, your mom should be here any minute, right?" Melissa asked me.

     "She should be. You sure you wanna do this? I'm perfectly fine with staying with her, and she doesn't know my mom at all. I don't want her to be scared, or anything." I said. I was still skeptical about leaving Alina. We've been leaving a lot more often, and I don't want to leave her behind.