Getting to Know Alina

Aaron's POV:

I woke up the next morning on a small bean bag that I could barely lay on, next to Aphmau's bed. I'm really glad that I'm starting to get to know her more and more each day. There's a lot about her that everyone decided not to tell me, for some weird reason. Aphmau was still asleep, in her wheelchair, and Alina was sleeping on the bed. I could hear Aphmau lightly snoring. She must've been tired out yesterday. That's a little weird, considering we didn't do much, but I guess it was a lot for her. Her snoring is kinda cute. It kinda brings some unknown nostalgia in my mind, which makes my spine shiver.

I brush off my thoughts and get up. My vision is starting to get blurry again, so that means I have to take my medicine again. I get up, stretch, and go downstairs to search for my pills. I see them laying on the counter in the kitchen, where Melissa happened to be as well, starting up some breakfast.

"Morning, Aaron! Didn't think you'd be up yet." She said cheerfully.

"I wasn't very sleepy. Aphmau and Alina are still asleep, though." I responded.

"Alright then. Hey, wanna try to help me with breakfast? You tried to help me with dinner a few times, but now that you can see you can try cooking yourself! Y'know, you used to be really good at making food. Aphmau even bought you an apron that said 'kiss the chef'." Melissa laughed at the memory. I blushed a light shade of red. She did that? I hope I didn't wear it often, even though the gift would've been very thoughtful. I step up to the stove, and am presented with a carton of eggs, a pan, salt, and oil.

"Here, let's start simple to refresh your memory. Let's try to make eggs!" Melissa grabbed another pan and showed me how to do it step-by-step, and I followed along with my pan and eggs. She made enough for herself, while I was tasked with making eggs for me, Aphmau, and Alina. With an untrained mindset, I tried my hardest to make these eggs the best to my ability, which I hope is good. Melissa took a fork and ate a piece of my eggs.

"Wow, you still got it! That magic touch of good cooking~." Melissa teased.

"Please, this was my first time, they can't be that good." I took a fork and tried them myself. They honestly weren't bad. They were decent eggs, that I hope everyone will enjoy.

"It's not bad, but not perfect. I don't know why you're saying I got a 'magic touch', or whatever."

"They are that good! You're just really humble, which I can admire as well as your cooking skills." Melissa said. I could hear a ruckus upstairs, like running. I sped-walked up the stairs and into Aphmau's room, where I saw Alina jumping on the bed.

"Momma, it's time to wake up!" She shouted. I quickly got over to her and stopped her from jumping, as well as keeping her quiet.

"Shhh, you don't wanna wake up your mother. She's very tired. We should let her rest." I explained. I can admit, she did look a bit startled when I came into the room, but she seemed less tense.

"Okay! Can I eat breakfast then?" She asked.

"Of course! Come with me." I held her small hand with my giant one in comparison, and we walked down the stairs today.

"Good morning, little one! We've got some eggs for you to eat!" Melissa cheered. Alina ran up to the counter, sat down and started to gobble up her eggs as fast as she could.

"Try not to eat so anxiously. It's not good for your stomach." I said to Alina. She did eat a little bit slower, but not by much. After she finished eating, she went to find Croissant in the house. At least now that I can see, I don't have to be scared to walk around, knowing there is a very small dog in the house that I can trip on with ease. She scouted upstairs for him, while I just sat on the couch and waited. Waited for Aphmau to wake up. I really want to have more talks like we did yesterday. I want her to feel free when she's around me, like she doesn't have to hide anything.