NEW YEAR'S SPECIAL

3rd Person POV:

     Everyone was putting on their coats and boots to go out. It was surprisingly snowing outside.

     'What a great way to start the new year.' Aphmau thought. She finished helping Alina zipping up her coat and putting on her hat, and then gathered the rest of the things she needed. Aaron had already been ready for ten minutes, and was waiting patiently by the door, laughing to himself watching as Aphmau grabbed all the stuff she could hold in a panic, not even realizing she didn't even need half the things she was carrying. Aaron went over and helped her with the last of her things, and at last, they were just about ready to leave the house and meet with their friends. All they needed now was to open the door and drive to their meeting spot.

     Everyone left the house with a smile, and hopped into the car. Aaron turned on the radio to hear the Christmas music that was still playing throughout the week. It played a few songs before they had reached their meeting spot. Aphmau got out of the car first, and then went to get Alina out of the car, since the layers of clothing she was wearing wouldn't let her move. Aaron then got out of the car once he turned it off, and they waited by the railing. Soon all their friends piled in, and they all talked amongst themselves. Some reminisced about the previous years, while other talked of how to make the coming year even better. Aphmau was overjoyed to be surrounded by friends.

     "Hey Aph!" Katelyn greeted Aphmau, walking towards her with a small soda.

     "Katelyn! I feel like it's been ages since we've hung out!" Aphmau replied, hugging her friend. After they let go of each other, Katelyn took a good look at Aphmau. Aphmau raised an eyebrow.

     "What? Something on my face?" Aphmau asked, touching her face.

     "Somethings up. You seem cheekier than usual. What have you been up to recently?" Katelyn accused.

     "Whaaaaaaaat? I'm always this cheeky," Aphmau scoffed. "But I'm just happy we get to hang out like this again. It's not every day we get to do this kind of get together, y'know?" Katelyn took a minute and analyzed her friend.

     "There's a spark in your eye." She said. Aphmau looked at her with a questionable look.

     "What do you mean?" Aphmau asked with a genuine curiosity.

     "You just look, I dunno, more...bright. That's the only way I can describe it." Katelyn said, trying to brush off her words. Although Aphmau was curious of what Katelyn saw in her, she decided not to question it any further.

     Aphmau had branched off to all of her other friends that were fortunate to make it this year. Although all the real chaos had been over for almost a decade now, life had kept going on, and people started to get the most of of their lives before it was cut short. Friends made families, and those families get older and older. And as much as all of them just wish they could go back in time to the good ol' days, where all they thought about was visiting each other every day, time didn't stop for anyone, and none were to assume it would anytime soon. And even though not all could make it, everyone was grateful for the people that could.

     Even though kids and new families can be stressful, everything was worth it in Aphmau's eyes. Nothing was more of a blessing than A family of her own, and getting to spend the rest of her days with them. Family is all Aphmau could think about lately.

     The time of the year was almost up, and a new chapter was about to begin in their lives. Just as their tradition held, Garroth got out his camera stand for the special occasion. He set up the stand and placed the camera just in time. The fireworks were just getting lit on the beaches shore, and everyone gathered around one another families. The fireworks were off, up in the air, waiting for the perfect moment to explode. The camera timer went off, and everyone put a smile on their face. At the last second, Aaron had something to say.

     "Everybody say, 'Baby number three!" Aaron shouted. Everyone went long with it, only realizing what they were saying when the camera snapped, and the fireworks burst. Everyone turned to Aphmau and Aaron, smiling with joy. Aaron was overjoyed with the new baby on the way, that he couldn't keep it to just him and his household anymore. Everyone gathered around Aphmau and started to congratulate the couple.

     "A new baby? How wonderful!" Garroth said.

     "Congrats, guys!" Zane added on. More and more people went over and made themselves known, congratulating the two. Only in the corner of Aphmau's eye, she had noticed Kawaii~Chan looking very impatient and twitchy, while Zane was talking to her. Aphmau already had three guesses of what was happening over there, and the first two didn't count. After the swarm of adoration coming from her friends, she went over to Zane and KC.

     "Hey guys! What're you doin' over here?" Aphmau asked, making it known that she already knew why, but just wanted an answer that came from them.

     "Kawaii~Chan just said she should relax first before she exploded on the both of you." Zane chuckled. Aphmau looked to KC, who was at the moment holding her breath.

     "It's okay KC, you can explode now. I GIVE YOU PERMISSION!" Aphmau shouted. KC shot up and went bonkers, crashing into things left and right without a care. Everyone laughed and watched the hilarious sight.

     When Kawaii~Chan was finally done, she hopped all the way to Aphmau and started bombarding her with questions.

     "Do you know what gender it is yet? Do you have names planned? Can I be the God-mother?" Nana asked. Aphmau merely laughed.

     "Ok ok, calm down. We only found out after Christmas I was pregnant. We still don't know anything, aside from when it should be due." Aphmau explained.

     "WHEN?!" KC continued asking questions. Aphmau chuckles a little more with Kawaii~Chan's impatience.

     "Sometime around August and September." Katelyn walked up to the two.

     "HA! I told you something was up! I knew it the whole time!" Katelyn claimed.

     "You said there was a spark in my eye, not that I was pregnant." Aphmau teased.

     "Well, I, ugh, that doesn't matter. I knew something was different about you and that's all that matters." Katelyn jokingly pouted. The trio laughed a bit and chatted before everyone started to head out.

     "If I can just say one thing, this surprise is definitely a great start to the new year." Kawaii~Chan said.

     "Yep," Aphmau replied. "I can't wait."