Just Seeing Things

Aphmau's POV;

      Everyone was still talking, and I rolled myself into a corner next to the couch. Then Garroth and Zane came up to me.

     "Hey Six." Zane said.

     Six? Well that's a new one.

     "HI guys, what's up?" I said, faking the cheeriness in my voice, and forcing a smile.

     "We know that look. We've been doing everything we can for him to remember." Garroth stated. "He gets upset when we talk about you."

     "Why?" I asked, confused.

     "Because we keep telling him you were important in his life. He wants to remember the times you had the most out of any other things we've told him." Zane confessed. I looked down and smiled a little. I hope he remembers me, now that I'm here.

     "Hey guys! I just had a bright Idea!" I heard Lucinda yell in the room. "We should throw a party for Aphmau and Travis now that they're back!" Everyone agreed and we planned for it to be tonight. Kawaii~Chan said we could do it at her house. Everyone left to their houses to get ready, and Travis decided to go home with Katelyn, which left me, Aaron, and Melissa in the house. I felt a little awkward just sitting there in the corner, but I felt comfortable so everything was fine. Aaron felt around for the couch and sat down. Melissa sat next to Aaron, but all the way to the armrest side so she could talk to me.

     "So Aph, how have you been doing?"

     "I've been good, just laying in a bed for a whole year and a half."

     "Well we can start the physical therapy if you want. Just tell me when you wanna schedule it." She said.

     "I guess I should just get it over with, so we can start whenever you're free." I sighed.

     "Actually, I think we can start right now! I remember how Aaron's instructor taught him, but again it did take a few months, and I'm not a professional, and I don't remember it that well...but we can try!" Melissa said enthusiastically. This is gonna go downhill very quickly. She shot up, walked over to me and grabbed my hands. Then she pulled me out of my wheelchair, and I started wobbling and loosing balance.

     "Ok, just try to maintain your balance and try to walk." I was holding back tears, my legs were on fire. I didn't think I could move them. My ears and tail popped out as a reaction, and they flopped down.

     "Melissa, I can't move my legs." I whimpered.

     "Just try. I have your hands so you won't fall." I did as she said and lifted my left leg the best to my ability. It only lifted about two centimeters off the ground, but there was no way I could move it further. I lost all my balance and practically fell over, but me and Melissa just swung around in a circle because she was holding on to my hands. Then Melissa got her balance back and pulled me up and set me back in my chair.

     "Ok, maybe I don't know what I'm doing." Melissa admitted.

     "Oh really, I hadn't noticed." I said sarcastically.

     "It's fine. I'll just call up Aaron's old therapy teacher and he can teach you. For now, I'll help you get ready for the party tonight! Melissa pushed my wheelchair up the stairs and into my old room. I would rather crawl up the stairs, it was so bumpy. And another thing, how am I supposed to get my wheelchair down the stairs again? That's something to think about when the time comes. For now, let me just pick out something to wear other than this hospital shirt and Aaron's sweater on top.