A Serious Talk

Aphmau's POV:

     I woke up the next morning to hear someone downstairs. I get out of bed and head downstairs to see what all the commotion is about. I see Lilith, running from something I couldn't see from where I was standing. I rushed to go help her as she leaped on the couch for dear life.

     "Lilith! What happened, I-" I would've finished my sentence, but then I realized what she was running from. Croissant walked up to my leg and healed.

     "Are you scared of dogs?" I asked.

     "...Y-Yes." Lilith admitted. I sat down with her on the couch.

     "When I lived outside, dogs were mean. They would bite me." Lilith looked down, and I wrapped my arm around her. Croissant jumped onto the couch and Lilith yelped a little.

     "He won't bite, I promise." I picked up Croissant and showed him to her. All he did was wag his tail and reach over to sniff her head. Lilith let him hesitantly, and she laughed as he tickled her.

     "See? He's harmless. You don't have to be afraid of those doggies anymore." I concluded. Lilith gave me a smile and leaned on my shoulder. Afterwards, I saw Aaron come down the stairs with Alina by his side.

     "Hey Aaron. You sleep well?" I asked.

     "Yeah, it was fine." He answered. Alina came out from behind Aaron's leg, and ran up to me and Alina.

     "Lilith! Let's go play!" Alina pulled Lilith by the arm and led her closer to the living room to play. Aaron came to sit next to me, and we watched as they played.

     "Katelyn asked if I could go to her house today, to talk. Do you think you and Melissa could take care of Alina and Lilith while I'm gone?" I asked. Aaron looked at me with understanding eyes.

     "Of course! I know right now you guys need to talk things out, about the other day," Aaron said. "I'm sure we can take care of them. If I need you I'll call you, but before you go, you should probably eat something first. You want me to make you pancakes?"

     "Sure, that sound good! Here, I'll help." Me and Aaron got up and went to the kitchen to start making pancakes. We decided to make a little extra for Melissa whenever she wakes up. She's been oversleeping a lot recently. I wonder why. My thoughts were interrupted with the delicious smell of pancakes. Lilith and Alina stopped their playing and ran over to the dinging room table to eat with us. I Hate my pancakes rather quickly, but they were still magnificent. Afterwards, I got my things and was about to head out.

     "How long do you think you'll be out?" Aaron asked as I unlocked the door.

     "Knowing Katelyn, around an hour or so. I'll just let her know that I'll leave early if you need me earlier than that." I responded.

     "No no, and hour seems just fine. I'll just call you if anything. Have fun!" Aaron said, waving goodbye. Before I left, I grabbed my cane, which was leaning next to the door. I waved back and walked out the door, closing it behind me. I walked just next door and knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Katelyn on the other side.

     "Hey Aph. How are you?" Katelyn said, a little quietly.

     "I-I'm good! How've you been?" I asked back.

     "Good." There was a slight moment of silence before Katelyn broke it.

     "Oh! Sorry, please, come inside." Katelyn backed up and let me inside, and she stayed behind to close the door. Then she followed suit by walking over to the couch and sitting down like I did.