ENDING 4: GOING INSANE

Aphmau's POV:

     "I'm not dying yet. You'll have to do better than that." I growled at him.

     "I've never seen anyone quite as strong as you. At last, I have a worthy opponent to fight." He said pleased. "Let us end this." He changed his form again, this time to Ein. Although I forgave him, I was no longer afraid to hit him. I charged at him, stretching out my wings. He dodged my first hit, but I shot back up and kicked him hard. He bounced back, and a rift opened up behind him. While he was still in shock, I ran to the rift to close it.

     The world was a little odd. There were valleys and hills all to see. There were eight houses to be seen, all with different colors. One house was purple, one house was grey. One house was pink, and one house was blue. Another house was blue, but it was lighter. There was an orange house, and a green house too. Lastly, there as one last house colored red. The houses surrounded each other, and they were all connected by a well. Aside the houses, nothing else was to be seen. It was just empty prairie.

     Suddenly, I felt someone pull back my wings. It hurt, but I tried pulling myself away.

     "There won't be any of that, my dear." I heard the void snicker. "If I can't defeat you, then I'll just have to send you somewhere else." The void crumpled up my wings, and feathers began to fall. I could feel him plucking off each feather, one by one. I gripped his arm, and I forced him to let go. He did, but I fell into the rift. I tried flying back up, but my wings were useless. I fell straight to the ground, and I blacked out.

     I wake up, exhausted and in pain. My head was throbbing, but that was the least of my worries. Where was I? I couldn't remember what I did last, or how I got here. I squinted my eyes open, and I could see people standing above me. I jolted up, and prepared myself to fight. I fully opened my eyes, and I could see familiar faces in front of me. I saw Zane, Kawaii~Chan, Kim, and Ein. There were others there, but I did not recognize them. The only other person I recognized was..myself? Wait, was this another universe? I started to click things together in my head, and I realized what had happened. I lowered my guard down, and let the people before me speak for themselves.

     "Uhhh, Hi!" My copy greeted. She skipped over to me and stretched out her hand for a shake. "My name is Aphmau! Welcome to our humble little server!" She introduced. So she was a copy of me. What does she mean by 'server'? Maybe it's just what she calls world. She continued to talk to me.

     "These are all my friends; Zane, Kawaii~Chan, Noi, Kim, Pierce, and Ein! I have another friend named Aaron, but he's busy doing something. You seem a little bruised up. We should take you to Zane's place!" She explained. "So what's your name, familiar-looking stranger?" She giggled. Zane approached and pushed his Aphmau back.

     "Be careful. We don't know who she is, or how she even got here! Who are you really? We know you can't be Aphmau!" He yelled.

     "Hey hey, take it easy. She could still be a friend!" Aphmau calmed him down. I still had a shocked look on my face, but I answered their question, trying to be calm.

     "Look, I'm and Aphmau from another universe, and I was fighting this void monster, but it pushed me in here and now I'm stuck. I'll be out of your hair in a second, just give me a moment to relax." I asked. The whole lot of them looked at each other confused.

     "Uh, sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep." I heard their Kim mock. When was Kim this mean?

     "Kim, don't be rude! We can help patch you on up, and then you can leave whenever you want." My copy said kindly. I walked with them to what I assumed to be Zane's house. They took me inside, and they bandaged me up. My clone looked happy the entire time. There really must be nothing wrong in this world. Probably why it still exists. After I was all fixed up, I looked at my wrapped hand. The wrapping was pretty tight, and should hold for a long while.

     "So how ya' feeling?" My counterpart asked.

     "The best I could be right now, I suppose." I answered.

     "Great! Do you need any food before you go?" She asked.

     "No, I'll be fine. Thank you for your hospitality. I'll be leaving now." I closed my eyes and snapped my fingers. I peaked with one eye, and noticed I was still in Zane's house. I was confused, but tried again nonetheless. I opened my eyes once more, but again, I was still standing in Zane's house. Even my clone looked confused.

     "Are you supposed to be gone?" She asked.

     "Yes, I should-! Wait!" I checked my back, and I noticed my wings were no longer there! My back was as flat as a tiled floor, and as smooth as ice, as if no such things had ever been on my back. I continuously patted my back, double checking if my eyes were deceiving me. But my eyes foreshadowed the truth. The relic within me was gone. Either Hyria abandoned me, or I was out for so long that she faded into nothingness.

     "No...No, no no no! This can't be!" I proclaimed. "They're gone! It's gone! W-What do I do now?" I panicked.

     "Woah woah, calm down! It'l be okay! We can find you some other way to get you home! Zane is really good with machines and technology, maybe he could build you a portal to your world!" My copy encouraged. I knew that couldn't happen.

     "No. No, you can't. I'm stuck here now." I sighed. I wanted to, so badly, but if I said yes, This world would be in danger of the void too. I wasn't about to destroy two universes. My counterpart could tell I was upset.

     "Hey, it'll still be okay!" She tried comforting me. "You can still live with us! We can build you a nice house, and I can get you hooked on some resources until you get back up on your feet." She offered. With no other options of living life, I gave her a fake smile.

     "Sure." I said. "Let's get started."