MAIN ENDING: SACRIFICE OF LOVE

Aphmau's POV:

     I dropped the ball to my feet, and everything around me disappeared into the bright light that was burning my body. I screamed and cried, but it was pointless. No one was here to help me. I accepted my fate, and died.

     I then woke up and I was in a white room. I walked around for a bit until something flew past my face. I froze up as it passed me again. Then it finally came to a stop, and went up to my face. I finally recognized the figure. It was a star. It was my wish.

     "Good evening, Ms. Aphmau." The star greeted.

     "Oh! Uh, hello to you too." I stuttered, taken back by the star.

     "I understand that you have destroyed the void. You have sadly passed away in the process, but you might have a chance of living again. Ask me for anything, and your wish is my command." The star swore. It was time to ask the question of my life or death.

     "If I were to ask for two wishes, could I?" I asked the star. He paused for a moment, and then answered me. I held my breath.

     "If you were to ask for two wishes, one would have to be to live again, otherwise the other wish won't come true. Are you sure this is what you wish for?" He asked.

     "Yes, I am. I wish that I can live again, and I also wish that I could send Alina back to her home." I answered.

     "As you wish." The star rubbed its nubs together, and the room became brighter than it already was. I squinted my eyes open when the light began to subside, and I saw Alina before my eyes.

     "I will allow you to return her home." The wish said. "I will give you a portal to her realm." The star began to spin fast and uncontrollably until a white portal appeared in front of us. I smiled, and I grabbed Alina's hand.

     "You won't have much time, so return her as quickly as possible. When your time is up, you will go back to your world. Do you understand?" The star asked.

     "Yes, I do. Thank you so much. C'mon, let's get you home." We both walked through the portal and entered a new world. We were in front of burned-down gates to a small town. Alina recognized the place before I did, and she was indeed excited to be home.

     "YAY! I'm finally back home! Thank you, thank you, thank you other momma!" She hugged my leg tightly.

     "It was no problem. I made a promise, and I never break one!" I declared. We both laughed for a minute before walking into the abandoned village. We walked down the village until we came across another set of gates. Alina ran over to them and began knocking in an odd way. Kind of like morse code.

     "Guys' it's me! Open up!" She shouted to the other side. A few seconds later, the big gates slowly opened. I walked to Alina and waited for them to open completely. There were two guards at the door, ready to greet Alina.

     "Lady Ali- Who is this? It must be an Imp!" The female guard held her sword to my chin.

     "No no, wait! This is other momma! She's been taking care of me, and now she found a way to bring me home!" She explained in her best way. The guards looked at me skeptically, But I didn't care. I just had to return Alina before anything worse happens to my body.

     "Please, let me return her, and I will be out of your way." I crossed my heart. The guards looked to each other and back to me.

     "Fine, but you'll leave as soon as she's returned."

     "Aw, but momma has to thank her first! Please let her stay a little while?" Alina begged. One of the guards sighed and rubbed the bridge of their nose.

     "Alright, Lady Alina." The guard said. I walked with Alina into the village, and saw many giving me odd looks. I could understand why, but I didn't care. Alina seemed to know the way back to her home, so I let her lead the way.

     We suddenly stumbled upon a house, and Alina ran towards it. I assumed that was her house. Alina banged on the door repeatedly, waiting for someone to swing it open. I laughed to myself and pulled her away from the door. Just then, the door opened, revealing a familiar face. It was my counterpart again, and she looked rather sleepless. She looked at me surprised, but then looked down to Alina in tears.

     "Alina! Oh, thank goodness you're alright!" She hugged her daughter tightly, tears streaming down her face. Alina wept as well.

     "Momma! I missed you so much!" She hugged back. I smiled at the reunion. After their hug, my counterpart turned to me worriedly.

     "Are you alright? Last I saw you, you were covered in blood." She stated.

     "Yes, I'm fine now, but I don't have much time left here. I just wanted to return her myself, and keep my word. I'm sorry she went missing in the first place, I don't know how it happened." I said.

     "It's alright," She said. "So long as she is back now, everything is fine. Thank you for keeping your word. I will never forget your kindness." She thanked. Suddenly, I began feeling lighter, in a way. I looked to my hand, and it was fading away. I knew I was leaving back to my world.

     "I have to go now." I said. I kneeled down to little Alina before I disappeared completely. "Do me a favor and take care of yourself. Although I had a great time with you, I don't want to see you back in my world, got it?" I chuckled. She smiled and nodded her head. I smiled back, closed my eyes, and blacked out. I opened my eyes, and I was back in my world. I looked around, and realized I was back at home. I wasn't at Starlight anymore. I should probably get one of my friends to call Aaron, or Melissa. They must be worried sick about me. Man, I hope Aaron hasn't read that letter I wrote yet.

TWO YEARS LATER -

     I was tucking Lilith to bed when I started getting sleepy again. I've been getting tired a lot lately. I mean, I know I'm pregnant and everything, but I didn't think I'd be this tired. Aaron walked over to me and rubbed my back.

     "Here, I'll do this for you. You just get in bed and rest, okay?" He said. I nodded and thanked him. I walked over to our room and got myself in bed. I can't believe I'm pregnant. I can't believe I'm married. Everything that I thought would never happen is starting to come to pass. That makes me so glad. I get to spend my whole life with Aaron now, and I'll have kids to spend time with too. I'm so glad my life turned around.

SOMEWHERE IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE -

     I woke up early in the morning. I stretched and walked beside my bed. I took a moment to collect myself before I walked down the stairs. I could hear mom and dad downstairs, so I went to greet them.

     "Morning," I said. "Beautiful day out."

     "Good morning Alina." Mom said. Dad was making breakfast, and mom was cleaning dishes. I walked over to them and helped dry the dishes.

     "Alina, would you do me a favor and wake up your sister when food is ready?" Dad asked.

     "Sure." I answered him. I can't imagine not having this life. I thought I'd grow up fatherless, but here I am now, living with my birthfather and mother. I thought I'd grow up in danger, but here I am, living in peace at Phoenix Drop. I've proved myself wronged so many times, and I'm so glad I have. I can't wait to be older, to see how many more things I prove wrong in life.