Talking with Woof

Aphmau's POV:

After Melissa set up all the groceries on the counter, she went to take a nap, saying she was really tired out. Aaron decided to give me some time alone, after the end of our conversation. I sat on the couch, and thought about walking again. I am supposed to be walking every day for at least an hour, so maybe I should try. It's not a good idea to do it by myself, but If I don't start now, I might not be able to later. I slowly get up from my chair. The feeling was awful, but I know what real pain is, and it's not this. Besides, this was worth the pain if it meant I can walk again, hopefully soon.

I have my shaky hands gripped onto my chair to maintain my balance. It was difficult, but I managed to stand up. I let go of my wheelchair, stretched out my arms as if I was walking on a balance beam, and started walking. I felt like I was gonna fall. My legs were too weak. My werewolf features threatened to come out, but I resisted. I was gonna do this on my own, not hurting anyone because of me. After a few minutes, I managed to reach the stairs, and I decided to walk up them, as long as I held the railing tightly.

It hurt so much to bend my legs, but I needed to get used to it anyways. It took twice as long to get up the stairs than it did to just walk to them. I was impatient, but clearly I had to take my time. I made it up the stairs all worn out, thinking I should take a break. The only problem is I haven't even walked for half an hour yet. Maybe I should go to my room. I could sit on the bed for just a little bit, and I could check on Alina. I slowly crept up to my room, and open my door. I leaned on the door to hold me up as I walked to my bed. I was starting to get faster out of desperation. Once I made it to my bed, I leaped for the sweet relief, forgetting that Alina. Was sleeping. I looked over to her, and she was thankfully still asleep, although I do think that she should soon. I don't want her having trouble sleeping tonight.

I got myself into a better position and sat down, wiping off the sweat on my forehead. I steadied my breathing and relaxed, happy to be sitting down for once. I heard some noise coming from my closet. It sounded like talking. Was Woof still in there? I forgot to take her out! I got up quickly, and fell immediately. I picked myself up slowly, and managed to stand. I walked over to the closet and opened the door, seeing Woof on the floor. I walked up to her and kneeled down to pick her up.

"Woof? What are you doing on the floor?" I asked.

"I fell after you slammed the door on me last time we spoke! Just, leave me alone. I know you don't wanna talk to me anyways." Woof murmured. I started to feel a little guilty about avoiding Woof.

"Listen, I know you wanted to talk to me, but all I wanted was for you to try and help Aaron!" I tried to explain myself.

"Yeah, like I didn't know. I told you I couldn't, and you just decided to ignore me and leave me alone!" She yelled. I sighed in defeat.

"I'm sorry. I just don't need help."

"Of course you do! Why do you think I keep trying to talk to you?! If you just stopped being so stubborn, I could help you finally feel okay for once!"

"..." I had nothing to say. She was right about me being stubborn, but I just don't want help. Last time I took some, I lost everything.

"I know that we haven't really talked in a loooong time, but I really think you need help. Nothing ever goes smoothly, not matter how hard you try. That doesn't mean you can't take help. It only means you have to be prepared for what life brings you. Please, take my advice." Woof begged. I've avoided her for too long. I can't just ignore her anymore. I just make things worse. If I ask for help, things go wrong. If I don't things still go wrong. I don't want to make things go bad anymore. If Woof really knows what she's talking about, I guess...I should do what she says. At least for now.

"Fine, I'll try to listen to you more." I said. "What do you want me to do?"

"All I ask is that you trust that things will be okay in the end. Ask someone for help." She asked.

"I mean, I can try." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Well if you can't ask for help, then I will. You mind helping me up? I can't really move, since, y'know, I'm an inanimate object." I chuckled and put her in my arms. I slowly got up shakily, and walked back to my bed. I placed her down and sat down beside her. Alina was still asleep.

"Thanks, I was getting tired of being on the floor. Now, please just listen. I just want to help." Woof said.

"I will, or at least try. First things first, I'm gonna ask someone to bring me my wheelchair, because there's no way I'm gonna go all the way back downstairs to get it." I chuckled. I know I still haven't walked for an hour yet, but I've been out of my wheelchair long enough. I walked to Aaron's room and knocked on his door. He answered, and was shocked to see me.

"A-Aph! What are you doing up?!" He grabbed my arms, and I leaned on him for support.

"I was just doing a little walking for today. I don't think I can walk back downstairs, though." I smiled. "Do you think you could get my wheelchair?"

"I'll do you one better." He picked me up bridal style, and I blushed a deep red. He carried me downstairs and carefully placed me back in my wheelchair.

"There, you feeling better?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah.." I was still blushing, and I tried covering my face. Aaron noticed, and laughed a little.

"Are you sure? Why are you covering your face?"

"N-NO REASON!!" I said from behind my hands, which were covering my face. He laughed at me some more.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I'll stay down here just in case you decide to walk again." Aaron went in the kitchen to make me some snacks.

O