6. Double act

Charisma heard her cell ring. She saw it was Venice and she picked up. "Hey you, how are you?." She said so happy to hear from her.

"I'm good mom... well, actually I'm not good...

"What's wrong?." Charisma said sitting forward on her sofa, a worried expression on her face. "Is it Tyson or Valentina or...

"No, no the kids are fine.... It's just something that I should have told you and I didn't and now it's a mess..."

"Okay, what is it?

"Okay, what is it?."

"I umm.. I knew that Angel wasn't dead... I met him a few times and we slept together... and I don't know if Tyson is his son or Orion's and now Orion wants a paternity test and...

"Woah.. rewind... you knew he wasn't dead.. but he was working with Yasmin to get to your dad?...

"Yeh, he was... but mom, you have to believe me I had no clue about that at all.. I just wanted...

"Because of Angel and Yasmin... I'm here and your father is there.. and he BEAT ME TO MY ALMOST DEATH!..." she yelled.

"I didn't do it to hurt anyone... I just wanted dad and Angel to stay as far apart as possible..." she told her. "My intentions were good...

"I don't care what you say Venice...You're my daughter I would have expected you to say something.. we could have gotten to the bottom of what was going on a lot sooner and stopped it before it got out of control.." Charisma snapped.

"Mom, I'm so sorry... please forgive me...

"I can't l.. I just can't talk to you right now..." she said and ended the call.
She sat in pure disbelief of what she had just heard. Venice had seen all what they were going through as a family and she failed to mention the one thing that just might have been of significance. It made her angry inside.

Jago walked over to her with a plate of food he had just cooked. "Are you okay?.."

"I'm fine Ja.. you don't need to ask me every two fucking seconds!.." she snapped.

"Really.. with an answer like that... you're not obviously .. something spooked you with Leonard today and then you got out of the car abruptly and made a call.. what is up with you.. you've been off since this morning?.." he asked.

"I don't know.. maybe I feel alone.. maybe I'm shutting off the side of me that wants to love and have fun... I've been work, work, work since I've been here... and I've not given myself time for anything else..."

"You won't find love out here...

"Maybe it's not love that I need or want to find.. it is fun... it's called having a life." She corrected him, And headed down to the kitchen, turning over in her mind what her daughter had told her.

————-

"Thank you for tonight... it was nice...

Keegan nodded. "Yeah, I've not laughed like that in a long while... but listen, you have my number.. if you want to do that again some time, Alana...