15. Compliments

"...happy birthday baby boy" Chloe said as she kissed Christopher's cheek and handed him his gifts. Lamar smiled at just how much his son was growing up now.

Aimee wandered over to her daddy with a pout on her face. "Where my presents daddy?"

He snuggled her into him. "It isn't yo birthday baby girl, it's Christopher's birthday".

"But I want a present too?" she added. Lamar proceeded to tickle her and make her giggle and squirm. There was a knock at the door and as Lamar went to open it the rest of his siblings and their kids arrived for Christopher's birthday party. Lamar's cell rang and he could see it was a facetime call from Charisma, he picked up with a smile.

 Lamar's cell rang and he could see it was a facetime call from Charisma, he picked up with a smile

"Hey mom, how are things?"

"Good baby, good... can I speak to the birthday boy...

Lamar carried the phone to Christopher and held it in front of him "NANA!" He yelled with a huge grin on his face. "Thank you for my gifts"

"Well, you didn't think I would forget you, do you... I hope you're having an amazing day sweetie?" she beamed happily.

Lamar took the phone back and went into a lesser busy room to talk to her himself. "How are you really?" he asked her.

"Lamar I'm fine, you know me... I pick myself up, dust myself off and go again, it is how I have always been" she told him.

"Dad introduced us to his new fling...

Charisma raised her eyebrows. "Good for him...

With that Lamar stopped talking as Keegan appeared over his shoulder on the call. "Don't mind me" Keegan said.

"Mar baby, I gotta go" Charisma said and ended the video call.

Lamar turned and looked at his father. "I hope you came to my home alone" he said.

Keegan sighed heavily. "I came to see Christopher, and I didn't bring Alana if that is what you're getting at" he walked over to his grandson with his gifts and knew that all of his kids were staring him down right now, so he decided to ignore them.

——-

"... there she is my lil sis" Lena said running to Charisma and giving her a hug as soon as her housekeeper had let both her and Jenson inside.
Charisma smiled. "I was not expecting to see you" she looked over her shoulder. "And the ex-father in law too" she smirked.

Jenson sniggered. "How are you doing C?" he gave her a hug, as he looked around the place. "Wow, this is bigger than the estate... business must be good out here?"

"It is... which is why I've decided to stay...

Lena looked at her. "This sudden turn of events wouldn't be because Keegan has a new woman, would it?" She asked her sister.