35. Lyndon

".... That dinner was amazing Lani..

"I had help mom... Chloe and Kat helped..." she said.

"Well, all of you have made tonight very special.." she looked across at Venice who was sat with Tyson sleeping on her. "Everything good between all y'all now?.."
Venice nodded.
"How unconvincing..." she looked at the others. "We need to have this out now..."

"We just think that she could have stopped this.." Lamar said.

"Oh... okay, Mr never ever put a foot wrong.. how could she have stopped this?... when she had no idea that that was Angel's plan..

 when she had no idea that that was Angel's plan

"Mom.. it's okay..." Venice said. "They don't want to listen... I have tried so many times to make them understand...

"Understand what Venice?..." Keane snapped. "That our dad beat our mom to her near death because yo man who only you knew at this point was alive wanted his revenge on dad...

"I didn't know!... you think he sat there and told me his plan... and I was revelling in it... He said nothing to me.. I was as much in the dark as everyone else..

"BUT YOU KNEW HE WASN'T DEAD!..." Lani yelled. Everyone looked at her, Charisma included. "That was the first point in which you should have told someone.. mom, dad or even one of us... instead you let this play out... with consequences that have left us all fucked up...

"Lani... have you never made a mistake or kept something to yourself that we should have known about earlier?" Charisma said to her.

"Mom.. you could have died... and now you and dad aren't together... and he's with Alana... and..

"STOP!." Charisma yelled and they all quieted. "This all stops now... or Angel has won... and Yasmin and just about anyone else that has tried to fuck with this family!.." she said. "Now, we do what we always do in this family and we rise above shit... we come out on top but the only way we do that is together... you will all accept your sister back with no issue... and not one of you can sit here and say that you've never done something that put this family or yourselves in danger..." she looked at Lani, "and as for you.. we need to have a chat... you let mine and your dad's issues rule your life and that is wrong..." she looked back at the others. "Me and your dad talked today.. finally things were said that should have been said a long, long time ago and...

They all looked at her waiting to see what she had to say.

"... I'm coming home to Canada... my business will remain to be run between here and Saudi.. but I want to be here to see all of you and see all of these babies grow... and me and your dad will just see how things go... no rush, no pressure.." she looked at her sons all shaking their heads. "And I don't want to hear anything from all of you either... my relationship.. my decision... and trust me it won't be a decision taken quickly or lightly.. I love that you all care.. but you have your own families to worry on now... I will be the first to let y'all know if I'm the damsel in distress and I need you... until then, it is what it is.."