23. Trauma

".... How did you do it this time... huh..

She shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Stop the fucking act Nijada...

"I'm not Nijada... what is this... who are you?." She said staring at them with the covers from the bed wrapped around her.

"Don't fuck with me

"Don't fuck with me...

"Listen.. I am not fucking Nijada... I saw you in the club too... and I don't know what you want from me...."

"I wanna know how you got back... and why you're back.." Keegan snapped his nose almost touching hers. "Are you back to fuck with Charisma...

"I don't know who that is ..." she said with desperation. "Will you listen to me... I don't know...

"We were married..." he jumped in. "you remember that right?..." he told her. "You and me... you remember Lewis, our son.... Remember my son Josh... and the sons you had with him Keegan and Kent... do you also remember abducting my daughter and holding her captive in a fucking basement... breeding her like a fucking animal..." he said his teeth clenched the more he spoke as the angrier he became.

"I wouldn't do that... what you're saying.. that isn't me... I didn't have kids.. I've never had kids... and I would never abduct someone... If you would let me get a fucking word in I am trying to tell you I AM NOT NIJADA!... she was my twin... I am Ana...

"What?." Wesley said. "She didn't have a twin...

"Well, yes she did... I never met her though... I only found out that I was a Pearce through Jenna, my half sister... she was tracing her family tree and she found out that I was separated from my twin sister at birth... I don't know why... my birth mother, father and sister are dead so I can't ask them...all I know is the only person I had in this world who told me the truth was Jenna and now she has gone too..." she looked at Keegan. "But you seem to know so much more...

Keegan was shocked. "Where did you grow up?."

"Indiana...with who I believed for most of my life were my real parents... and I still see them as such..." she looked at Keegan. "You said you were married to her... Nijada?.."

"Not for long..." he said shutting down the conversation quickly. "I'm gonna need proof from you... a lot of proof... I'm not gonna let you outta my sight until I get it... you understand that?." He said with no uncertain terms.

"I understand... and I'm sorry for what she did to you... after all what you said... I also have heard from others that she and my mother were not good people... but that is not how I am..." she expressed. Be "I can promise you that.."

—————

Julian opened the door as he saw Lamar's car pull into the drive. "What the hell.. it's 1.30?.." he stopped talking when he saw Lani get out of the car. She walked straight past him into the house and he knew instinctively that something was up.