44. Love hurts

".... Mom... mom can I come in?.."

"Yeah.." charisma said and Venice walked in.

"You've been up here all night.. I just wanted to make sure you were okay...

"I'm sorry I just needed time to think.."

"Well, these turned up for you earlier." She went just outside the door and came back with a bouquet of red roses. She carried them in.

Charisma looked at them and she took the card from between the stems and read it.

Charisma
I miss you, I didn't wanna screenshot anything but I did want to let you know everything is good. I hope I see you soon baby girl. Because I'm always gonna need, and want and love you.
Forever yours
Keegan

Venice smiled. "Dad has it bad..." she paused. "But you're not smiling.."

"Oh Venice

"Oh Venice... I hate this... I never thought that me and your dad would get back together, we divorced and he found Alana... I started to allow myself to feel something for Hassan. We worked together and we spent a lot of time together and that was when I realised that not every man hurts, manipulates, and strong arms women... I feel so guilty, he told me today that he fell in love with me in Saudi... I love your dad but, I would love to know that he's never gonna hurt me again but I can never be certain. Hassan would never, it just isn't in him...

Venice touched her mom's hand. "I understand, you're scared of dad... and you have every right to be because he is so unpredictable... I don't know how you do it..." she sighed. "But you know dad will never let you go... and if you left him for Hassan, he'll find him and he'll kill him."

Charisma nodded. "I know that...

"and it's unfair, as much as I want you and dad together I don't want it to be under duress, like you feel you will never have another choice... what kind of existence is that?." Venice said.

Charisma looked at her. "I'm slowly getting back with your father because that is what I want.. Hassan just shocked me that's all.. and I'll be fine." She said and picked up the flowers once again, smelling the roses. "Maybe I should go and see him, put him out of his misery."

—————

"... I don't care what it takes I want Keegan Fraser dealt with... he has taken a good friend from me... he also has Lyndon on side now... admittedly it didn't cross my mind that he was his younger brother....but this is a crazy set of circumstances... we have been brought to face each other because of who we know, not what we knew about them and how they were connected... fighting Keegan Fraser was not what I had in mind.. we all know he isn't easy and who his father is... everyone will need their wits about them... I do not want Charisma caught or hurt in this crossfire... but I do want him brought to me alive so I can torture his ass until he tells me about Ana..." Hassan told his men.