8. Nothing to lose

"..... ahhh... I can't get my head around this...

Keegan walked over to Alana and sat next to her. He took the book she was looking at. "I can do these, let me help you I was an ace at maths at school...

"Really?

"Really?." Alana said with a smirk. "Is there anything that you don't know?.."

"You need to do it this way.." he said taking over and helping her with the equations she needed for her exam.

"I need to be able to do this myself... or I'm never going to pass.." she said annoyed with herself.

"Okay, look." He said and took her hands. "Just breathe... you know this and you've got this... I know you can pull this off tomorrow..."

She looked at him. "I have been doing this course for a year... after work, doing all I can to learn this so I can move on to the lab assistant role that I want... so you don't understand how much I have to get it right..."

"You're stressing over nothing." He shook his head. "Just calm down.." he proceeded to show her where she was going wrong and how to simplify it for her.

She looked at him with her eyebrows raised as she watched him make it easier for her to understand. She smiled.
"What?." He said to her.

"This should be a date and instead you're here teaching me maths... I bet you think I'm as stupid and as boring as hell...

"I actually think it's quite cute and sexy that you're still at school at the age of 30..." he said.

She suddenly leaned in for a kiss. Keegan pulled back.
"Oh... my bad... oh shit.. I've misread this whole thing... I'm sorry.." she stood up.

"No I'm sorry... it's jus that I need more time before I get intimate with anyone.. in any way..." he picked up his car keys. "You'll smash this exam tomorrow.. I promise you that... call me after let me know how it went..." he left her place like he couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Alana chewed her lips. She felt awful. She really liked Keegan but she could tell he was holding out on her, she knew he still needed time.

Keegan sat in his car a little further down from her place as he pulled over. He put his head against the headrest and he hit the steering wheel over and over.
He slowed his breathing and calmed down. He then suddenly turned the car with a screech of his wheels to face in the opposite direction, he then took off at speed, with just one destination on his mind.

—————

"You can't say things like that...."
Charisma hid her face behind the napkin she held in her hands, it was all she could do to stop herself laughing.

"I can say what I want.. they know me here." He smiled. "So tell me are you gonna let me help you out...

"I don't need a man...