28. 'A lil help with that'

"... what was she like?.. Nijada?.."

Keegan sat back and looked at her. "A bitch.. I met her but the girl I truly love I met first... I wanted yo father's money there were no two ways about it.. he dangled it all in front of me as long as I married Nijada... I was a greedy mother fucker back then and I was up and coming.. I needed that foothold that he was offering...."

"Did you love her at all?..." Ana asked him.

" Ana asked him

"... I think I did... but not properly.. not as I should have as her husband...

"You said you had a son with her?.."

"Lewis...

She smiled. "What does he do?.."

"He's umm... he's dead.. he passed a fair few years ago now...

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's fine, it was a long time ago.."

"You said she abducted your daughter and held her in a basement?... what the hell..."

"Look, Nijada became your mother Greta in the end.. she was bitter and twisted, she hated my girl Charisma...

"Charisma... you mean Charisma Chandler... that was my twins best friend, right?... she was your girl?.." she said, shocked at all of this but wanting to drink it all in, absorb everything.

"Charisma.." he paused. "Was my wife until recently.... We've divorced...

"How could you take up with your wife's best friend....

"I told you the relationship with Nijada was more about business... she also cheated on and had a kid on me... who she tried to pass off as mine... and later her infatuation with me grew... she seduced my then underage son and had twins by him... she even called one of them Keegan... but what she did to my daughter was the worst thing one human could ever do to another.... She bred her, she kept her in a basement from the age of 6 and let us believe for 10 years that she was dead....

Ana was shocked. She put her hand on his across the table. "My god!.. Keegan I'm so, so sorry and so ashamed... no wonder you came for me at the club... how could someone be so full of hate?.."

"She didn't have an easy up bringing... yo mom and dad weren't easy people... as you know Chloe was their toy, who Alfie got pregnant.... and Chloe was one of Nijada's closest friends...."

"Sounds like I had a lucky escape...

"You sure did...
Keegan's cell buzzed, he pulled it out of his pocket and saw that Alana was calling him. "I just need to take this.." he said and moved away from the table.
"Hey.. you good!." He asked as he picked up.

"I made the reservation at Nobu... but this time I would like to pay, I don't want you to think that I'm hanging around for your money because I'm not... And I got the results from my exam" she paused. "I passed!" She said so happy.