33. Tensions and truths pt1

The stare lingered for a long time. Alana looked at Keegan. "A reply would have been nice..."

Keegan just kept looking at Charisma. "I'll leave you to it..." she said and walked towards the door.

Keegan put his hand on her arm as she reached the door. "I need to talk to you... please.." he said.

She looked back at Alana

She looked back at Alana. "I'm not your girl anymore.. she is.. and you need to do better... come and find me when you've sorted this out.." she said and walked out.

Keegan looked at Alana. "Well?." She said to him. "You didn't reply to me... don't I mean anything to you?.."

He was quiet. "Im sorry.. I don't know what I was thinking... I'm not good for anyone right now... you're a nice girl.. I am not a good man... don't let me bring you down... get yo self someone good.. I'm not it...

Her chin wobbled. "Well, at least you're being honest with me now... it is a shame.. because I really do like you...

"I hurt people.. sometimes in the worst way possible... that woman that just walked outta here.. she can tell you the amount of hurt and pain I cause... and I can and should be honest... that there is no one else on this earth for me but her...

Alana nodded. "Okay... brutal honesty.. just to make sure I get the picture..."

"I am sorry Alana...

"You know I get it.. she's beautiful and she is so nice." She laughed amidst her tears. " I wanted to hate your ex-wife, I wanted her to be a bitch and a dragon... But she is amazing, and if you have hurt her as badly, as you say you have... then shame on you, she has a big heart, and you should be protecting that..." she paused. "I'll get my things together..." she walked upstairs.

Keegan grabbed his phone and text Charisma.

Keegan
I need to talk to you now, please. Too much time is passing and I have things I need to say.

—————

"..... MOM!..." Lani said happy to see her, throwing her arms around her as she walked in.

"Wow.. all of you... a huge, welcoming committee... And one that I am very happy to see" she looked at all of them with a beaming smile. "You all look so well, and all these babies are growing up... I have missed all of you...

"Then come home!" Jaxon said. " we don't want you to be halfway across the world mom... We love you, and we want you here"

 We love you, and we want you here"