CHAPTER FOUR

"So close yet so far"

"You really didn't recognize me?" Tae Gu said while looking at her intently. Chae Yoon hold her breath, their face is close and she felt his warm breath. 'His face somehow familiar to me?...' In her mind. As she look at his eyes, her eyes got widen when she recall some scenes, it was three years ago...

Flashback

It was a rainy nights when Chae Yoon is on the lobby waiting for the rain to stop. Tae Gu saw and he immediately walks towards her when he went outside his car. "Chae Yoon... It's already late why you're here alone? I thought you left early." He said. Chae Yoon smile awkwardly. "Ah... Yes, I left early from your unit but I saw your elderly neighbor needs help so, that's it... I almost forgot the time and the rain won't stop... I forgot my umbrella." She said. Tae Gu look at the sky and the rain continue to fall from it and this time it was heavy. "I think you should wait to my unit." He said. Chae Yoon look at him, "What?" She said. "It was a heavy rain. Let's wait until it stop then I'll send you home. But it's cold here outside you can catch a flu." He said. Chae Yoon nodded, "Arasso...Can I?" She said. Tae Gu let out a small smile.

"No, just sit there and relax." He said when Chae Yoon stood up to help him. He cook some hot soup and some meat for them. "Thanks..." Chae Yoon said. Chae Yoon look at the glass window and she is watching the rain from the outside. "Aigoo..." She said. He was looking at her from her behind. Chae Yoon wear a white fitted shirt and denim short. He smile when he saw that she has a perfectly curved body. He felt his face are now turning red then he looks away. "Have a sit..." He said. Chae Yoon look at the food on the table. "Wow... It's look delicious..." Chae Yoon said and she smile brightly. Tae Gu smile when he saw her smiling. Her smile is a magical for him. Without her knowing, her smile can turn a night to day, a cold to warm and loneliness to happiness. That's what Tae Gu thought.

"Wow, it's yummy... You can now get married, Tae Gu..." Chae Yoon said jokely. Tae Gu let out a small laugh and he open the bottle of wine. "Really? So, I have to look for a wife now.." Tae Gu said teasingly. He look at to Chae Yoon intently Chae Yoon hold her breath and trying to control her heart, it was beating so fast. "Uh?... You want me to help you searching?." Chae Yoon said and she laugh. Tae Gu sit opposite to her. "No, I think I found her already..." He said. Chae Yoon choke when she met her eyes with his. "Are you okay?" He said and gave her a glass of water. Chae Yoon drink it and let out an awkward smile. "Yes, I am..." She said. She try to control herself. You must remain calm, Ha Chae Yoon...' In her mind. She decided to focus herself from eating to avoid his gazed. Tae Gu is silently watching her eating her food with gusto. Chae Yoon look at him and she felt shy. "I'm sorry..." Chae Yoon said. "No, it's okay... I am enjoying watching you.." Tae Gu said and he bite his lips because he couldn't take back what he has been said. "What?" Chae Yoon said. Tae Gu avoid her eyes. "I mean... I am happy that you enjoy the food..." He said. Chae Yoon smile. For weeks they closeness grew more. He admits that Chae Yoon bring happiness to him and she is the light when it seems darkness cover him. On the other hand, Tae Gu is somehow special to Chae Yoon. She didn't know why, but everytime she's with him she feel safe and happy. Her heart beat so fast and it's new for her. She try to ignore the unknown feeling towards to him but she couldn't control her heart.

End of flashback

"Tae Gu... Yeah, I remember you..." She said as she was trying to remain her poker face. 'Thank you, you didn't forget me... I miss you, Ha Chae Yoon...' In his mind. Tae Gu smile and he is about to place his one hand to her face when Chae Yoon suddenly step back. He look at her eyes and he saw the coldness on her gazed. This is not the Chae Yoon he knew for a long time. Chae Yoon is so warm, bubbly and sweet when she's with him but now, he saw the coldness in her eyes. "Ha Chae Yoon..." He said unknowingly. Chae Yoon let out a deep sigh before she speak. "Mr. Min, can I go back to work if you have nothing to say related here at the hotel?" Chae Yoon said. They're eyes locked in a second but Chae Yoon give up first. "I'm sorry on what happened earlier... Rest assured that it will never happen again." She said. She walk pass through him and she stop when Tae Gu speak. "Why are you doing this?" Tae Gu asked. "What?" She said. Tae Gu look at her and trying to read her mind but Chae Yoon look away and turn around from him. Chae Yoon remain standing and never turn around to face him. "As far as i know... We're strangers from the beginning until now, so I didn't know what are you trying to say, Mr. Min." She said. ' Tae Gu... Don't play as you didn't knew anything." In her mind. She left him alone in the room. 'What does she mean?" In his mind.