CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"I Love You"

Side Story

Three years ago...
(Seoul, south korea)

Tae Gu was seated on his chair on his father's company. He studying the whole day about the company. Because of Tae Jin's death, he was force to inherit all the assets of his father and to become the young CEO of Min's Corporation. Mr. Nam is observing him. "Are you okay?" Mr. Nam said. Tae Gu let out a deep sigh because he badly want to walk away and go back to Chae Yoon's side. He miss her badly. He pick his cellphone to call her but Mr. Nam stop him. "Waeyo?" He said. "Tae Gu you can't.. We already  talked about this." Mr. Nam said. Tae Gu look at him with puzzlement. "Why I can't call her? I'm not a robot here, Mr. Nam. I'll do what you want me to do. I moved here in Seoul, I study hard about this fucking company and I couldn't sleep to be a suitable CEO of Min's Corporation. Then why  I couldn't be with her?" Tae Gu said with frustration. Mr. Nam understand his feeling but he needs to do this for his sake and also for the sake of this ordinary girl  name Chae Yoon who can be use by Sook hwi to get rid of Tae Gu. "Listen to me, Tae Gu... Your father and brother's  effort to make this company strong and big will be  all in vain when your Aunt get an opportunity to get rid of you as their heir." Mr. Nam said. "I promise to your father that I will take care of you and protect you and Tae Jin at all cause. I failed to protect your older brother and I didn't want to happen again. Did you understand what I mean, Tae Gu?" Mr. Nam said. There's a big responsibility on his shoulder now and he couldn't stand to put the company in danger for his own happiness but he also couldn't stand to sacrifice Chae Yoon for the company's sake. He didn't know what to do. Tae Gu punch the table to release his frustration. "Mr. Nam... I really don't know what to do... This is the first time that feel this way. I don't want to loose her but at the same time I don't want her to get involved in this." Tae Gu said and his eyes was filled with tears. Mr. Nam let out a deep sigh. "I heard your Auntie Sook hwi is hired a private investigator to follow Chae Yoon. That's why I ask you to go back here in Seoul." Mr. Nam said. Tae Gu turn around to face him. "She's going to  use her to get rid of you as black mail. Tae Gu shhi... If you let this happen, both of you will get hurt in the end." Mr. Nam said. Tae Gu felt pain on his chest knowing that he put Chae Yoon in this situation. "What can I do to protect her and at the same time to protect this company?" Tae Gu said. "For the meantime, stay away from her, Tae Gu. Can you do that?" Mr. Nam suggested. Tae Gu get shocked. Knowing that he will stay away from her, his heart hurt. "What? Mr. Nam... She's my everything... I need her... I want her and... I love her.." He said. Mr. Nam knew that it will be hard for him. He knew him very well. Tae Gu is a playboy but this is the  first time that he wanted to protect a woman. This is also the first time that Tae Gu shed tears for a woman. "Tae Gu shhi... I know it will be hard for you but this is for the better." Mr. Nam said. "For the time being, cut off all the connections and ties with her. All you can do is to build a strong empire... So when the time comes, you can protect her  and the company by yourself. You don't need to be afraid in your Auntie's strategy because you are strong enough to face her. Did you get what I mean?" Mr. Nam said. "So I need to sacrifice her for now, Is that what you want to say? Yah! Mr. Nam! Did you know how hard it is? She's my life... How can I  be sure that she's still there waiting for me? I couldn't stand to see her with some other guy in the future...." Tae Gu shouted and his emotions burst out. "Chae Yoon shhi... She's too important to me to sacrifice her. Did you get it, Mr. Nam?" He added and he sit back to his chair when he felt his knees was shaken. Mr. Nam felt his pain and frustration but he don't have a choice. Sook hwi is his strong opponent and he knew that he will do everything to get rid of Tae Gu. "I will talk to her... I will tell her to wait you and explain to her the situation.. And you, you must do your best for you to be strong enough." Mr. Nam said. "Knowing her, I know... She is willing to support you. Because I saw in her eyes how much you really mean to her." Mr. Nam said. Tae Gu is helpless right now, and all he can do is to trust Mr. Nam. To trust his self and to trust Chae Yoon.