74. Mysteries Unfolded.

Taehyung swiftly provided her with some clothes. Y/n changed into them while Taehyung did the same in another room. She tried shifting back to her normal form, and fortunately, she succeeded. However, her eyes remained a vivid purple, refusing to return to their usual human grey.

Taehyung, concerned yet prepared, placed a blanket in the car, just in case she shifted again. He also packed a water bottle, some ready-made snacks, and a set of clothes for both of them. Their phones, chargers, and his wallet were carefully stowed away in a bag, ready to be taken to the car.

Y/n lay on the bed, writhing in pain and clutching her stomach. Taehyung hurriedly climbed the stairs, and his heart sank at the sight of her suffering. He rushed to her side, and she managed to whisper through the pain, "T... Tae, m...my e...eyes n...not g...going back to n...normal."

He gazed at her with sadness in his eyes but tried to encourage her, saying, "Love, you said Granny can help us, right? Let's go to her, okay?" Y/n nodded weakly, and he carefully carried her downstairs, placing her in the passenger seat of the car. After buckling her in and adjusting the seat for her comfort, he quickly prepared the car for their journey to Granny's.

Taehyung turned on the navigation system and started driving, determined to take the shortest route to Busan. Y/n snuggled into the blanket, finding some relief from the pain due to the comforting warmth it provided. Taehyung's worry was evident, but he focused on getting them to Granny's as quickly as possible.

As they continued their journey, an hour had passed, and Taehyung couldn't help but notice y/n's discomfort. He gently asked, "y/n, let me see your tummy." She took off the blanket covering herself, and Taehyung carefully lifted her shirt, revealing a horrifying sight. Her tummy was bruised, as if she had been severely beaten.

The worry on Taehyung's face deepened, and he knew they needed to reach Granny's place as soon as possible to find a solution to this mysterious condition.

The four-hour-long horrifying ride finally came to an end as they reached the highway to Busan. Taehyung consulted y/n for further directions, and she instructed him to turn into a remote, empty area. Concerned, Taehyung asked, "Are you sure, y/n? Isn't the house in the other direction?"

Y/n looked out of the window, her gaze filled with distant memories. "Y...yes," she replied, her voice trembling. Taehyung trusted her completely and wasted no time, driving into the remote area. For several meters, there was no sign of habitation, but then they spotted a field with a house at the far end.

As they got closer, they could see the three-story house, built almost like a city home in this remote area.

Taehyung stopped in front of the house and rushed to help y/n out of the car, who was struggling with each step due to her pain. He rang the doorbell and knocked urgently.

An elderly woman opened the door, initially glaring at Taehyung. However, her expression changed instantly when she saw the person he was holding. She said urgently, "Get inside, fast!"

Once they were inside, the old lady locked the door securely and walked upstairs with surprising agility, as if she were much younger than she appeared. She ordered Taehyung to bring y/n up to her.

Taehyung gently carried y/n in his arms and followed her upstairs. The old lady instructed him to lay y/n on the floor, and he did as she said. As he looked around, he noticed that the house was cozy and traditional, adorned with peculiar statues and old books scattered about.