80. Sensual Flames.

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes, glistening like shimmering stars in the night sky. His face, flushed with emotions, was etched with exhaustion. He sat at the dining table, his head resting on his arms, on the brink of slumber, yet tears still streaming. The clock above, its hands pointing to 1 am, bore witness to his torment as y/n remained absent. His heart ached, longing to seek her forgiveness and bridge the distance between them.

Taehyung was nearly drifting into the realms of sleep when the sudden chime of the doorbell jolted him awake. With renewed energy and hope, he rushed to the door.

Taehyung rushed to the door, his eyes flooded with relief upon seeing Y/n's presence. Her eyes mirrored the exhaustion he felt, and her face bore the traces of her own sorrow. Y/n stepped inside, and Taehyung enveloped her in a heartfelt hug, tears freely flowing. Y/n, though equally moved, maintained her composure and gently ended the embrace.

"Go freshen up," she suggested softly. "I'll prepare something for you." Taehyung was still grappling with his emotions, his words stumbling in an attempt to convey the situation. Apologies spilled from his lips " I am s...sorry y/n , i w..was i...it's , she..... , but they were fragmented and incoherent.

Y/n's stern voice silenced Taehyung instantly "shut up! Just do as I say." He nodded in agreement and rushed upstairs to freshen up. Fearful that Y/n might leave once more, he changed and washed his face before hurrying back downstairs. There, he found Y/n setting a bowl of ramen on the dining table.

Y/n gestured for him to take a seat beside her, and Taehyung complied, his heart heavy with fear, confusion, and a growing certainty that she might be considering ending their marriage.

Y/n carefully spooned some broth, blowing on it to cool it down, and then gently offered it to him, standing in front of him. He accepted it, his tears mingling with the warmth of the broth. She set the spoon aside and cupped his cheeks, guiding his gaze to meet hers.

With a tender touch, she wiped away his tears before pulling him into a comforting embrace. Taehyung, overwhelmed with emotion, burst into tears, holding onto her tightly as if he never wanted to let go.

Taehyung was choking on his sobs, his words mumbled as he nuzzled into her tummy.

"I d-didn't! I...a-am sorry!"

He cried out, the weight of his regret and sorrow pouring out through his tears. Y/n held him, tears streaming down her own cheeks, sharing his pain while trying to reassure him that everything would be okay.

Y/n ran her fingers through his hair, trying to soothe him. She gently wiped his tears away, gazing into his eyes with understanding.

"I know you did nothing. I trust you. Stop crying."

Taehyung was shocked by her words. He had expected anger or resentment. He knows that anyone would be upset if they saw their partner with someone else.

"It's okay, stop crying," she reassured him, her touch and comforting words helping him relax. She kissed his forehead, and in that moment, he looked so vulnerable and sad, like a scared child in need of comfort.

"B..but..." he endeavored to speak, yet she gently intercepted his words. "Taehyung! I'm more than just a human; my wolf senses would immediately detect any wrongdoing on your part.

And at this moment, they tell me you've done nothing wrong. Even if I were just human, I trust you completely.

I sense that something happened, and your eyes, filled with tears, are begging you to tell me what transpired, aren't they?" Taehyung could only manage a nod, a lump in his throat too heavy for words.