Class dismiss, finish Hotel shift, and John akumatized

At College Françoise DuPont, in Mrs. Jones' classroom, she was writing on board as the class take notes of her lecture.

 Jones' classroom, she was writing on board as the class take notes of her lecture

Mrs. Jones: Okay, I hope you all have a good understanding on the topic of Chemistry Study. *Alix raised her hand. * Yes, Alix?

Alix: Will we be learning about all of this?

Mrs. Jones: Yes, we are. This is the start of learning things that you are not very fond over either you took something similar to this or not used to learning some new subjects you ever learned to do. But that's okay, that's the thrill of learning. We learn to do stuff one step at a time. Now are there any other questions? *No one raised their hands for any questions. * Okay, no questions. Let's go over the lecture I told you about. The first step of Chemistry is Making Observations- collecting data is what you all would like to call. Then we have Qualitative and Quantitative Observation. Qualitative Observation is when you describe characteristics. So, it's based on texture: smooth or rough, taste: sweet or salty, temperature: hot or cold, and even mood: angry or happy. We use qualitative observations every day, from buying vegetables in the grocery store to assessing employees in our workplace. Then we have the Quantitive Observation. This observation involve both a number and a unit. For example, measuring the length of a flower's stem, counting the number of bees in a hive, or recording the temperature of a greenhouse are all examples of quantitative observations.

Mariah: (mumbling) Ugh. Snooze fest.

Samantha: (holding a pencil) It's good to know this stuff.

Mariah: Not really. *She move her pink pen side to side. *

Mrs. Jones: Next is Formulating a Hypothesis. That's making a prediction if any of you don't know that one. In every hypothesis, there's always a possible explanation for an observation you start to notice and what do we do with a hypothesis? *Esra raised his hand. * Esra?

Esra: You test that hypothesis.

Mrs. Jones: Yes, you test your hypothesis and see if you're right or wrong. Which explains our next step: Performing Experiment, also means test your hypothesis. Now, experiments always lead to to new unexpected observation, which brings the process back to to step 1. Observation, then Hypothesis, and finally Experiments. The progress repeats until a breakthrough is reached. Remember that. Next is Assembling Hypothesis into a Theory. What that is an accepted explanation or a set of tested hypotheses that gives an overall explanation of why nature is behaving a certain way. The last step would be when a theory is observed in many different situations and is generally taken a fact rather than just an "accepted explanation," that becomes a law. *She underlined the word law. *

Alya: Wow. Even I didn't know about that.

Marinette: Least you know now.

Mrs. Jones: And law is a factual summary of observed behavior. *She closed the book and looked at everyone. You all understand what we talked about? *Some people answered yes, some sit there quiet. * Yes, yes, it gets a little tricky. But in the end, you'll get a better understanding in everything we learn. Now to the next... *Soon, the bell ringed for the end of class. * I believe that's all we have to cover for today. We'll continue more tomorrow, along with an activity I have for you all. No homework to inky, by the way.