1.10𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Zayn punched Harry with his unnatural werewolf strength. The human flew back and into the brick wall with a heavy thud. Harry  fell to the floor, and one of his friends got up to defend his status. He swung for Zayn who ducked and tried hard to blink away his werewolf qualities.

Zayn shoved the guy back into the booth, squishing him against someone else. Another one of Harry's friends got up and slapped Zayn across the face. He grabbed her ponytail and dragged her from the booth, then shoved her away.

The older men at the bar had phoned the police. Ethdellin town was so small; the police station was just around the corner. Officers were in the café in
minutes, separating Zayn from the group who kept jumping on him to prove they were stronger.

Zayn's human sat up with a hand on his chest. Liam
wheezed and struggled to catch his breath. Mira was behind Liam, pulling him to his feet as the police managed to yank Zayn back enough for him to stop throwing punches.

Zayn's gums ached, and he turned away from the commotion to calm down.

"That guy, Harry, he started this" Mira said to the
police.

"Liam dropped those drinks on me on purpose!" Harry yelled, and Zayn turned in time for Harry to lunge for his mate. Zayn stormed back through the café. It took four officers to pull him away again.

"Calm down lad. Stop it!" an officer yelled. "Stop
it!"

Zayn must have looked like a crazed beast to Liam. Zayn caught his eyes and Liam had a hand on his chest, glancing around nervously.

Zayn had scared him.

"What's your name, lad?" asked an officer.

Liam looked their way to hear what the police would
say.

Zayn stood tall, fearing he had ruined everything. He didn't want Liam to be afraid of him.

"I asked your name," another officer said sternly.

Zayn's eyes flicked to the man. "Zayn Malik" he said, and the officers shared stunned glances. They let go of Zayn immediately.

Liam frowned as the officers whispered to each other about the institute. One officer led Zayn further avway and shook his hand.

"Obviously, we're not going to arrest you," the officer said in a hushed tone. "We know who you are, and we trust that you're not out here making trouble for yourself. We know Harry and his group of idiots."

"They're bullying my friend," Zayn said lowly. Being a werewolf had its benefits with authority figures.

They worked in secret alliance with the special forces when humans had their issues. In return, the wolves could live in institutes peacefully and secretly, unbothered, and free to do what they wanted among their own kind.

Police offers didn't know exactly who people like Zayn were, they just knew to stay out of their way under government orders.

"And your friend is." the officer looked over his shoulder. "Liam Payne?" He didn't hide his surprise.

"Problem?" Zayn growled. The guy quickly shook his head and returned to the other officers. Zayn's mere presence made them uncomfortable.

Liam had been watching him. Zayn hoped he didn't start asking questions. He wasn't ready for Liam to see him as a monster.

The police decided Harry  needed a night in a cell for his trouble. They kicked his friends out of the café. The old men left too, so Mira locked up early. As she and Liam cleaned up, Zayn sat outside in the cold, waiting for his human.