2.72༊*·˚

Their high spirits continued through the morning. Liam dressed in light blue jeans with frayed knees. He wore a mustard yellow knitted jumper that Zayn always said looked good on him. Zayn wore his usual black attire of black jeans and a plain black t-shirt with a wolf's head embroidered to the left chest.

They lounged together on the bed, searching endlessly for a film to watch until Zayn shut the laptop and flopped backwards. Liam hovered over him with a smile that had barely left his lips.

"It's weird to suddenly feel this happy"

"Yeah. I just keep thinking about yesterday."

"A lot happened."

"Too much." Zayn rubbed his temples. "Do you want go to the library? I'll make some tea."

Liam would have leapt out of bed if his ribs still didn't hurt. He kept wanting to check on his parents, but Baela promised to tell him when they were awake, and she hadn't yet called.

They tiptoed past Zayn's parents' room and climbed the narrow stairs to the library. The smell of books filled Liam with content. He smiled at the afternoon sun streaming through the window, casting a golden light on the first bookshelf.

Zayn put the kettle on and Liam picked up the book he had last left on the table. He sat on the couch and Zayn sat right next to him, leaving no air between them, just the way Liam liked it. He snuggled into his side, opened his book, and read two paragraphs before closing it again. He felt Zayn watching him with his intense brown eyes.

"I can't think about anything other than my parents."

"Same. It'll be like this for a while."

Liam put the book on the table before snuggling himself back into Zayn's side. Zayn's arm coiled around his shoulder, gently stroking Liam's chest.

"I also can't believe that everything is over with the Southern Alpha drama. I felt so... light when I woke up this morning."

"The only stress I have now is Alpha related."

"What are you stressed about?"

Zayn shrugged.

Liam lightly prodded his thigh.

"Tell me," he whispered.

"I just-" Zayn sighed and slouched further on the couch. "I know I haven't been a good Alpha. My dad was a great one. He'll be disappointed in me."

"Nonsense. He'll understand how hard this has been for you."

Zayn ground his jaw. "I nearly destroyed his Pack."

Liam wasn't surprised Zayn was being hard on himself. He always was any chance he got.

"But you didn't. You picked yourself back up." Liam reached for Zayn's face, making their eyes connect. "I'm sure your dad won't even think about anything like that. I bet he's just happy to be home."

"Yeah, but when he gets healthy, then what?"

"Zayn, he hasn't come back from the dead just to criticise you. You're just criticising yourself right now, so stop it."

Zayn softly kissed Liam's temple with a low grumbling noise. "You're right."

"Just focus on how this'll be good for the Pack. The burden of being Alpha doesn't have to be so heavy if you and your dad share the role" Liam saw more anxiety worming across Zayn's face and patted his knee. "What you can do for the pack right now is to arrange a party."

"A party?" Zayn cocked a dark brow. "You want a party?"

"For us it can be a celebration of well, not Mira's death, of that whole thing coming to an end, and finding our parents. We have a lot to be excited about. You can invite your new friends."