2.71༊*·˚

Liam wasn't sure where his parents had been taken. He asked the nearest Omega after limping down three flights of stairs.

"They're in the Omega quarters near the first-aid room." The tall werewolf fidgeted nervously. "Am I allowed to ask about Xavier?"

Liam smiled. "It depends if you want to hear it from me or from him!"

"Is he up to telling us all?"

"Not right now. He might not be until tomorrow." The Omega was joined by three more, wanting to know what Liam was saying. "Can we hear it from you then? If you're not too tired?"

Liam's eyes trailed all the hopeful faces. "Sure, if you'll take me to the room my parents are in."

The Omega crouched and piggybacked Liam. "I thought your parents were dead."

"So did I." Liam tried not to rest his chin on the Omega's shoulder and fall asleep on his back. He was so tired, and a little sore around his ribs and on his eye, his lip, and his shin. Liam wanted to sleep it all away, but he had to let the Omega's know what was going on.

The room given to his parents was conveniently opposite the first-aid room. An Omega Medic sat on his mother's side of the bed, checking her blood pressure. Baela stood in the corner of the room with distant eyes. She smiled at Liam when the Omega lowered him to the floor.

One by one, werewolves entered the room when word spread that Liam would tell them about what happened. Liam sat between his parents, sharing gazes with those who had only just started to respect him.

Liam held his parents' hands as he spoke about being taken to the cave where Xavier and his parents were kept. He told them of what Jaiden and Mira had done to Xavier, and what Mira planned to do to him. Liam told them about the hundreds of wolves coming to their rescue.

Reena chipped in to tell them about what was now happening with the Rogues, and how they left the Shadow Packhouse because Thea didn't make them welcome.

"So uh, that's everything. Xavier is home, and so are my parents." Liam took his time to smile at his mother, then his father. They squeezed his hands in return.

"And Mira is definitely dead?" an Omega asked.

"Definitely. I ripped her throat out."

Liam's stomach flipped. He pursed his lips and diverted his eyes.

"I'm quite tired now," he said calmly. "Zayn will probably be with his parents for a while. Go to Baela if you need anything."

The Omega's nodded and some said how happy they were that he had gotten home safely. Liam smiled until only Baela remained, then he struggled to the end of the bed. "I need a shower."

He limped across the wooden floor while Baela left to get him fresh clothes.

Liam's shower was glorious. The Packhouse was cold, so the hot water running over his body was everything he craved. He stood long after the bubbles washed away, eyes closed, enjoying not shivering.

He lifted his head to the sight of steam, and then brown eyes watching him from across the bathroom. Zayn had delivered Liam's pyjamas and stayed for the view.

Instead of getting out, Liam motioned for Zayn to join him.

Without a word, Zayn undressed and slid through the shower door. The water was too hot for his liking, but Liam was comfortable, so he didn't fiddle with the temperature. He washed his body and his hair, which always felt as though he rinsed his mind out too.