2.69༊*·˚

Listened to Teardrops yet?
How did you like it?

More and more humans pounded the gate and eventually, pried the bottom of the fence up. "No!"

Baela hissed when she was told by an Omega. "Turn the electric fence on. They're here to hurt us. We can't be merciful now."

Her heart pounded in her throat. Blood would be spilt, and they would be left with the aftermath, despite the humans threatening them first.

Mira, damn you. Baela watch coldly and helplessly from the building steps. Her wound hurt, but she had to get closer to know what was happening.

With one weak step at a time, she followed the pebbled path. The closer she got, the more she heard not just angry noise but angry voices.

"Give us Mira!" and "Filthy dogs took Liam and his parents!" and "Justice, justice, justice!"

Her hands turned to fists. Her wolf was reluctant to surface. Baela was still sore, her body wanted her to heal.

"Do they have weapons?" she asked Bethan who snapped a head in her direction.

"Baela-"

The Beta held up her hand. Bethan pursed her lips.

"Zayn and Liam are alive. They're on their way back now." Baela saw the relief. She too wanted to scream into the clouds with happiness.

"Do they have weapons?" she repeated.

"Yes. Some had knives."

"Well we have wolves." Baela was sick of the violence, and sick of the constant battle for peace.

"All of you change into your wolves. I don't want to give them a chance to get metres into these grounds."

The rest of the pack shifted. Baela felt powerful, but still anxious for help to arrive, whether that was Zayn or other Northern wolves. The Pack was always restless without their Alpha, no matter how reassuring Baela tried to be.

Soon, the only Omega yet to change approached Baela, shouting, "They've cut the wires in the fence!"

Baela's throat was suddenly uncomfortably dry. A bunch of humans shouldn't worry them so much. She had to clear them for Zayn and Liam, and she had to do it within the hour.

"Maybe we should just open the gate and set the wolves on them. If they run, don't bite them, but if they push their way in here to fight, we fight back."

The wolves close enough to Baela nodded their heads. "Is that something you're all prepared to do, fight?"

All the wolves near the gate nodded. Baela didn't want to stand by and let humans destroy their fences and their gate because then they would need fixed, and nobody would sleep until they were.

"Alright." Baela nodded to herself for reassurance.

The humans had no idea what they were getting themselves into. She hoped for their sake that they'd run. "Open the gate."

A wolf tugged down the lever with her mouth. The low buzzing droned deep into Baela's bones.

The shouting on the other side paused for only a moment.

Baela pursed her lips when the crowd of humans, cheered, thinking they had opened the gate by toggling with the wires.

As soon as the gate opened enough for humans to see the wolves, the Pack bared their teeth and raised their hackles. Baela could barely blink.