1.15𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Liam was in a dream. Well, his reality felt like something that would happen in a dream. He walked hand in hand with Zayn, a very handsome guy, tall, muscular, and very mysterious.

People were staring, mostly at Zayn. Liam was used to being invisible. He didn't know why Zayn had seen him when the ones who were supposed to love him turned a blind eye to his existence.

Liam watched their hands as they walked. Their intertwined fingers were cute. Liam's hand was tiny
compared to Zayn's, and Zayn's palm felt hot.

They walked to the café where Liam worked because the booths were always empty, and only older people bothered to go for lunch. Everyone in Ethdellin Town knew Liam and where he worked, so him being in the café wasn't unusual, though he was usually alone.

For some reason, those who stared at Zayn were uncomfortable and couldn't look for long. Liam assumed Zayn's scowl was too intense, though there was something about him, something different from those around them.

Liam slotted himself into the booth, watching as Zayn slowly sat too, scoping out the faces in the café. Zayn radiated something intense. Liam felt like he was always trying to catch his breath whenever Zayn looked at him.

Zayn scanned the menu, interested by the page dedicated entirely to tea.

Liam subconsciously rubbed a hand on his chest, clearing his throat. His lungs were a little wheezy. Liam had woken up ill and running through the woods didn't help his tight chest.

Zayn watched him with narrowing eyes.

"Um," Liam whispered, shifting under his deep brown gaze. "I-If you buy tea, I'll buy you coffee."

Zayn stopped narrowing his eyes, frowning instead.

"No." He climbed from the booth and stormed through tables towards the counter. Mira was crouched under the desk, stacking glasses. "You," Zayn said, glaring.

Mira turned, shocked to see a tall and grumpy man staring back. "Excuse me. My name is Mira. It would be polite of you to use it"

Zayn's hard face didn't change. "Mira, why do you have so many flavours of tea?"

Mira looked behind him and to her co-worker sitting at the booth, twiddling his thumbs. "Are you with Liam?"

Yes."

"Are you buying him tea?"

"Yes."

"Are you on a date?"

Zayn almost answered but caught himself last minute. He stood up straight. "What tea does Liam
like?"

"Why don't you ask him?"

"I'm here now." Zayn's face was as blank as the marble counter. Talking to humans, and not trying to dominate them was a challenge. Zayn was used to having authority. Omegas might be the bottom
of the pack, but humans were so beneath him, Zayn constantly reminded himself to act like equals when face-to-face with them.

He couldn't help but think that way. He wasn't just
a werewolf, but an Alpha at that.

"He likes anything, so just close your eyes and point."

Zayn sighed and stabbed the menu with the end of
his finger. Mira didn't like him, but most humans didn't.

"One chamomile tea. Anything else?"

"Black coffee, no sugar." Zayn put the change on the counter hard enough for the people sitting at the bar to glance over.

Mira looked from Zayn to Liam, then back to Zayn's
stone-like face. She leaned over the counter and said in a hushed tone, "Liam is the sweetest kid I've ever known. If you hurt him, just know that you won't get away with it."